SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trpnbils

Overwintered pepper plant turning yellow/green/white on top leaves.

trpnbils
7 years ago

So here's the situation. Last year I had a bell pepper plant in my garden that I took out before the first frost and transferred to the hydroponic bins in my classroom just to see if it would survive. More of a curiosity thing than an actual attempt to keep it producing... Along with other plants in the bins (guava, star fruit, coleus, etc) I kept an eye on the nutrient levels and aside from a couple month gap we were getting peppers off of it almost all winter. Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed the top leaves turning yellow/green to almost white, mostly between the veins. Some of the leaves down lower are starting to curl also. This kind of sounds like a magnesium issue to me, so I've sprayed it a few times with an epsom salt solution. It's flowering again now. The school year is coming to an end, so the natural step for me to take her as I disassemble my bins for the summer is to put it back in the garden. I transplanted it today, but I'm wondering what I might do to help it snap back. Right now it's about 18" tall and just about as wide. Some of the branches that are producing peppers right now are enormous and at least a foot long. Any thoughts on what might be causing it? I don't know if it's a deficiency of some kind or if it's just because it's old. Also, should I consider pruning it back at all? I've never overwintered a pepper before.

Comments (3)