SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

Transfer Programs to New Win10 Computer?

chas045
7 years ago

I don't need to do this yet, but after DW just mentioned again that our old desktop was getting really old and sad AND I just saw a deal on groupon for a refurbished Win10 computer for $129. Actually that deal will probably be long gone before I would make a decision, but I should think ahead.

Can I easily or possibly move a few programs and their data from the old Win7 computer to the new one. My major issue is that in a couple of cases, I didn't get hard copies of software from my computer tech. I also don't have a hard copy of the Win 7 either, but since the new computer has an OS, I suppose that isn't an issue except for possible disc utilities only available with a hard copy. Actually, I am in less trouble than I might be because we don't really get much of any software on line AND I actually have a 2 yr old hard copy of the Windows Office for Home/student that I have loaded on my 2 yr old netbook. But I believe that my win7 machine has MS Access and probably other extra stuff that could be useful. And of course, I need to move mail programs.

I see that the microsoft transfer program for win 7 to 8 doesn't work with win10 (I never used it anyway). So is there an easy way to do this kind of thing?

Comments (7)