SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshineandpinot

Layout PIP- seeking assistance with appliance placement++

Lauren0319
7 years ago

We are getting closer to finalizing our kitchen layout! Main goal of this big reno was to open the space up and gain an eat-at island. (I will not have as many bar stools at the KD has pictured, namely I'll won't have one next to the trash and will likely add another lower cabinet/drawer box.)

D/W and trash will be flip flopped as we're all right handed.

KD originally planned for a big slide in range. I am dead set on a 36" induction cooktop, so the oven does not have to go under the cooktop. I'm wondering if it would be better positioned under the microwave. Then best place for warming drawer? Under oven for a stack of 3 appliances? Or under cook top? Or.....? Thoughts on oven placement? What would you prefer, under cook top or under microwave? fwiw, our kitchen is basically a 1 chef kitchen. I do all the cooking inside and hubby does the grilling outside.

Second question- slide out pantry next to frig. Do you think that is the best use of the space? Main pantry will be in the laundry room.

Third question- an appliance we use multiple times a day is our toaster oven. This is an appliance that will stay on our counter top. This is the one I have- Cuisinart Toaster Oven It's substantial. It just dawned on me that with this new layout it will be quite visible. It can only be on the left or right of the cooktop. Most likely next to the microwave. (right now it's in the corner where the broom closet is going.) I don't think it can go in the appliance garage bc the heat would be bad for the cabinets, right? Thoughts on where we would put this? Honestly I'm probably fine with it sitting out. I just want to take it into consideration since we use it daily.

Many thanks for any ideas, feedback given!

Comments (11)