SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
todd7361

New to Phoenix gardening but went ALL IN

Todd Phillips
7 years ago

We decided to build a garden patio area in my rear yard here in central Phoenix. We went a bit overkill on size creating a garden to border a 12'x12' patio. Basically its 4 gardens beds. The main bed is 24" high and is 4'wide and runs around the patio at about 24' length per side. 2 of the sides are actually about 16' leaving the corner as the main entry to the center patio. The East side is 24' and is bordered by the 6' wall on my property line. (the neighbor has 10-15' oleandar's on his side of the wall). /the south side is also 24' bordered by my south property line wall. /the alley behind has 15-20' high tamarisk trees growing. The West and North sides are only 16' long, with the North side being 6' away from my single story home and the west side not bordered by anything. There is a large tree at approx. the same location as the would be Northwest corner of the main garden. (the main garden doesn't extend to this area as the entrance to the center patio is here). Garden number #2 is a 4'x8' raised bed around the tree trunk. 1' deep garden. additonaly on the inside of the west and north sides are 1' deep 3.5' x 7' raised gardens Garden #3 and Garden #4.

As of now we are growing the following:

Winter and Summer Squash

Watermelon

Cantaloupe

Corn

Musk Melon

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting