SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thomas_franceschi

Drip System Question About Drippers

Thomas Nevada
7 years ago

So I put in my drip system for my vegetable garden and I laid 1/2 inch tubing all the way around the fence and I am running 1/4 inch lines off it. I bought two kinds of drippers but both are supposed to drip at 1 gallon per hour. One kind is a normal dripper and the other kind is a inline dripper. I have noticed that the inline drippers are putting out a lot more water than the regular drippers. I need them all to be pretty much the same or close to the same. I think the problem is too much pressure but I am not sure and that's why I am asking. Is it too much pressure? It's hard to control the pressure from the source because I live in Nevada and we have those faucets with handles on them, it is not like you turn a valve like we had in California. By trying to turn down the pressure it did seem that they worked better. I noticed in Lowes that they had pressure regulators and what stopped me from buying them is that they are $20 each and I want to be sure if I need them. My other alternative would be to remove all the inline drippers and just add normal lines with normal dripper as those seem to work ok. What do you think? I would truly appreciate any advice.

Comments (4)