SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691928

Don't you just love gardening friends?

User
7 years ago

I told you before about my Chinese friend I made down the road who has basically taken over the community garden spot, but said I could have anything I want from his garden. I haven't taken anything yet, but this morning I just decided to walk down and see if he was out gardening and what he has in. It was really early, and he wasn't there, so I just meandered through. There are spots where everything is just overgrown and overpopulated, and growing out into the pathways. I'm not greedy, because I know it's his garden, so I only take what is out of place or that I can clearly see he has enough to share.

I ended up with 4 blue walking irises, 4 taros (they are EVERYWHERE, some just lying on the ground where he tossed them, sprouting leaves), three baby amaranths and something that looks like it may be turmeric, but not sure. I just bought a piece of turmeric to plant. :(

Anyway, he also has hyacinth bean growing everywhere loaded with beans, so I'll see about getting some of those from him once they mature. He also has a lot of daylilies, so maybe he'll share some of those with me too.

I'm having some dental work today, ECK! So this was a nice start to the day.

Comment