SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Don't you just love it when someone else appreciated your garden?

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Yesterday my frail neighbor was walking her dog when I was in the garden. she stopped to compliment the iris, then went past them and asked about several roses. She thought Abe Darby (covered in buds) was a miniature. I cut the full bloom and went up the bank with it so she could see and smell it. (she cannot climb down the little slope, so I made several trips until she had a fist full of old garden roses with all their distinct perfumes. I cut Compassion, Mrs. B R Cant, William Shakespear 2000, and Belinda's Dream to go with Abe.

A teenaged boy knocked on my door on night last week and asked if he could have some roses from my garden for his mother for Mother's Day. He should be here this weekend to get them.

Friday, A lady driving by stopped her car to tell me the garden was beautiful and she said "see, you are being rewarded for all your hard work".

Then there is a man in a motorized wheelchair who rides by with his dog and always stops to admire the garden.

It just makes you feel good that others notice. I will admit, that while I garden for me, but it still is nice when others notice and let you know they have.
kay

Comments (12)

Sponsored