SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hkvfr750f

Complete HVAC system replacement in Dallas, TX area.

Cameron
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello all,
I plan on a complete change-out of the current split system I have in the house: furnace, condenser and coil. This system is a YORK, is 20 years old-original to when the house was built in 1995, has a capacity of four (4) tons, and seemed to have been a "builder-special" grade, from what I have been told. I've been quite lucky and in the past 15 years since I've owned the house, I only had to change the capacitor-once, and the blower motor inside the air-handler/furnace. The house is a one-story ranch with almost 2100 sq. ft. of livable space.
I really like Carrier and I went out and had gotten a quote from an authorized dealer/installer:

Option 1-BASE with 16 SEER, @ $9200.00
24ABC648A003, 4-ton, COMFORT condenser.
58CTW110-1-22, 110k BTU, PERFORMANCE gas furnace.
CNPHP6124ALA, 5-ton, PERFORMANCE cased "N" coil.
TP-WEM01-COR Thermostat.

Option 2-VeryHighEffic. 19 SEER, @ $10200.00
24VNA948A003, 4-ton, INFINITY (5 stage) condenser.
58CVA090-1-16, 90k BTU, INFINITY gas furnace.
CSPHP6012ALA, 5-ton, cased slab coil.

SYSTXCCITW01 Infinity thermostat.

Both options also include additional work:
- the addition of one extra return duct & grille (30ft) in the master bdr, which has always been either too cold or too warm.
-the replacement of supply ducts/tubing for three (3) other rooms, with higher diameter ducts/tubing.
This additional work was necessary after some calculations were done: because the total return was only capable of 1100 instead of 1600, and because the supply was capable of only 1400 instead of 1600cfm.
Also included are: new condenser pad, whip and disconnect box, 4" Carrier media cabinet, plenum transitions, aux. drain pan with safety float switch.

Any comments and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Regards, Cameron.

Comments (3)