SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
philip_alma

Adenium Obesum Newbie.Need help

Philip Alma
7 years ago

Hi guys!I'm a newbie here. Just bought my first Adenium Obesum (a.k.a Kalachuchi here in Philippines) last week and i can't for it to grow taller. This beautiful succulent plant caught my attention while i was surfing through the internet, that is why ive decided to have them from a garden store nearby. Before i bought these, ive made a lot of research on how to take care of adenium and i red one from an article that it needs a good drainage and a good potting mix. As you can see from the picture below, that is the soil of my adeniums which consist of a small amount of coconut husk and more of grains of rice and a small amount of garden soil. I think its a good mix because the water drains faster and as you can see i added some rocks surrounding the plants because i read that its good for them (i dont know but correct me of i'm wrong). I live in a tropical country (Philippines) and now the temperature reaches 100 degrees Fahrenheit from 12 noon to 4pm. I put my plants on sunlight from 10am till 1:30pm till and notice some new sprout of leaves became yellow.i think it is burnt thats why i remove it as soon as possible. Tomorrow i'll try to change the location of my plants and put it on morning sunlight . I needed some advice if i am doing the right thing for my plants. -Phil from philippines

Comments (6)