SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yosemite1234

Kitchen cabinet colors- will I regret picking these colors?

yosemite1234
7 years ago

OK so we need to order our kitchen cabinets this week and I am still vacillating about the color.

When we started the remodel, the one thing I knew I wanted was a grey and white kitchen with colorful island lighting. I had saved and lost a postcard showing my dream kitchen (argh)

We have a large island(11x5) with cooktop and sink against the wall. We have the pantry and refrigerator/freezer on the side on the island (similar to the pic below, replace desk with pantry)

The cabinets will be modern, flat front.

I wanted to reverse the colors of cabinet bases and the countertops between the island and the cooktop cabinets:

The picture below shows the island as I want it-grey base and white countertop. The difference is the upper cabinets in our plan are grey and the countertop for the cooktop will also be grey with a white backsplash between them. Also the cabinets at the very back will be grey alongside a refrigerator/freezer (stainless steel to breakup the grey)

So, the island would have a grey base and white countertop.

The other countertop would have a white base, grey countertop and grey upper cabinets.

I am suddenly getting cold feet and worried that this will all be too dark /not come together. The room is a great room with a dining and sitting area so its fairly large and bright. I will have color accents apart from the pendant lights over the island.

Any advice? Am I overthinking this? Will a white backsplash be very boring? I really want grey and white but found myself wondering if I should go with a safe brown color! We will be in this house for the foreseeable future and do not plan to sell. I really want something I love -just not sure if this is it!

thanks in advance for any input!!

Tempe Crescent · More Info

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022