SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marlunstone_gw

Painting Oak Kitchen cabinets - need help picking the color

marlunstone
14 years ago

Our house was built in the late 80s and the kitchen is all oak - our "golden oak" cabinets are in great condition so I can't justify replacing them at this time but I am tired of them. So I thought I would take the plunge and paint my oak cabinets. I was going with white but not sure what color white (I don't want a stark white maybe an ivory color), has anyone found a good Fine Paints of Europe paint color or Farrows & Ball or Benjamin Moore color? I thought I might paint a cabinet area (floor to ceiling) across from the L-shape cooking area a green color-what would be a good color? Also need a new wall color and should I paint the stained trim in the ktichen to match the cabinets or go with "linen white" which is the color of the painted trim in my house? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has painted their cabinets white or a light color and has regretted it, can you let me know why? I would hate to go through all this work and find out it was a big mistake.

Not sure how to post pictures but I did post on hgtv's rate my space. Search marlunstone, there will be two kitchens one is my sisters the "oak" one is mine. :-)

Thanks

Mary

Comments (7)