SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poolroomcomesfirst

Latest and greatest plans and elevation - need feedback

So we're getting close. I'm looking for feedback on elevations and second story floor plan as it relates to the gable in a gable.

Heres what Needs to stay... Front load garage, we're a Chicago suburb, my lot is 54' wide and we're maxing out setbacks, FAR & total lot coverage.

First floor plan we are happy with, although I will be putting side windows in the kitchen to give more light. Lot faces east, so kitchen is SW.

the roof pitch is too much. It's either 8/12 or 9/12. Way to steep. That will be backed down to 6/12. Maybe 5/12. We're building in a subdivision that has some houses torn down already, but most of the existing houses are in really good shape. Lots of ranches. I don't want a roof that doesn't fit in.

The pent roof in the back between first and second floors will be hipped, think American 4 square style. Same with garage and front porch. Will be adding frieze board and thickening the trim up a bit.

But it the gable in a gable is killing me. How do I separate that into 2 separate gables that make the bedrooms most useable. I was thinking full gable over front right bedroom and moving the second gable/dormer left and making it a reading nook, but that gives the bedroom a weird shape.

Need rd some help here.

Comments (33)