SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tulip_hardy

2016 Springbank - London ON - Plant Swap, Part 2

Tulip
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello, everyone

Let's start our up-to-date list here together!

Comments (168)

• serendipity44
    7 years ago

Flowergirl, thank you for the trades! I am looking at my coral bells and hoping to have some for you. Although tiny, the transplants look like they are starting to take off. It's giving me confidence to try with another plant and so may have more...cross fingers.

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Dinnerpl8dahlia,

Thank you for the tips about no eye tubers. Severals in warm humiid plastic bag already and cross fingers.

Ross,

Thank you for your kindness offer. I did a search on Dave's garden and even it looks similar with one of the variety I already have (small plant from a neighbour's friend), but if you do have enough to share, I'd love to have a piece, even just for a compare. Anything from my list can be a return?

About Plumeria, still no sign for alive. Is that possible if I'm asking a replacement?

To All,

In need of Feverfew Double. Grab two clumps from Signet last year, but willing to have more and more since it's a great choice as a ground cover all season long.

• Related Discussions

wanted: part 3 springbank park, london, on, plant exchange 20

Q

Comments (166)
    Hi Signet, I've potted up an alcea rugosa (?) butter yellow hollyhock with fig leaves for you. My downy wood mint seems to have disappeared too. I'm half way through potting things up :-p I've been potting up other stuff for my plant sale the following week. Thank goodness for my new potting bench that Matt finished on Saturday!! Now I can do 30 pots in the time it used to take to do 10 _and_ still be able to stand up straight! Thankfully the next half of the potting up is the easy stuff. The 17 small plants from cuttings which won't take long once I get my kitchen back. Looks like it won't be so crazy hot tomorrow, and even a bit cloudy, so I can send the houseplants outside for their summer vacations! Because of the fear of lily beetles, I'll just bag the lilies the day before the swap with no dirt attached. I had hoped to get the cannas and dahlias planted this weekend, but it was too hot, and the weeds in that section of the front yard have gone nuts. WMC1 & NavyGirl01 - is their anything on my list that you would trade for a green or a non pink echinacea? I just found a Stokes blue aster as I was weeding & digging up the Yellow toadflax for Lilac.
    ...See More

WANTED: part 5 Springbank Park,London On plant exchange

Q

Comments (88)
    Hello all, Thanks for a fabulous swap. I owe Matt a special dinner or three for loading the truck and staking out the spot! I am so excited about all my swaps, and the great scores from the Gambler's Circle. I am such a plant-a-holic! Even after the swap, a great visit with Sean & Bev - who gave me a bounty of plants, (I'm her backup / insurance garden) I was still sorely tempted to stop on the way home from Vienna at a roadside plant sale of fabulous blooming sweet williams... Matt saved me from that danger, but only just. I think I may need to get a fourth arbour to hold all the climbing vines from last year and this year :-) This is the first time I've smelled my vining honeysuckle from a trade a couple years ago, it's is the middle of the Friendship garden out front, and is usually tough to get to for all the tall plants. There aren't as many self seeded sunflowers this year, so I was able to tiptoe over there. My garden is so much richer and fuller for all the trades and happy memories of friends who have given them to me. Thanks again, like Ross I am already looking forward to next year's swap. But I am rather daunted at the task ahead of planting all my bounty! Thank goodness a large number of boring iris and black eyed susans are getting torn out this year, that'll make some easy room for newbies. Cheers, Heather / BlueIris3 Hope to see you all at Signet's picnic in daylily season.
    ...See More

springbank 2015 plant swap

Q

Comments (1481)
    Hi, just an FYI...I found a nursery online which I visited today that has an amazing selection of plants! And the even better part is that ALL plants are $6 for 1 gallon sized pits, all the time, all season!! It's called Northland Nursery (www.northlandnursery.com) and is located in Waterdown. I know it's not exactly close to London (about halfway between Milton and London) but in case you are ever in that area, it's definitely a place I would recommend! I bought some clematis's today and some hostas....I had to walk away at that point or I would have been there all afternoon and brought home a carload!
    ...See More

Springbank Park London, ON, Plant Swap 2018 edition

Q

Comments (179)
    flowergirl_on My Plumeria was in water after I dipped it in Stimroot. Roots started sprouting and then I saw green coming. Did not realize they were flower buds at the time. A couple got bigger and then blossomed. I have never had a Plumeria plant. Wow. There it sat in water with flowers. Just today I put it in a pot with some cactus type soil and watered it. Hopefully it doesn't go into shock. I am the one in shock. Didn't think it would flower so soon. Wow !!! Rosco: I do love the colour and I am enjoying it for sure. That was a bonus.
    ...See More
  • rosco_pc
    7 years ago

TULIP: I will get you a replacement for your Plumeria that died. I also will set aside a division of the Royal Standard Hosta. . Do you still have the creamy yellow Daylilly left and the Crocosmia? ...if so they would be great in trade thanks. Ross.I

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Ross,

Both are under your name. Thank you for the replacement. By looking at my notes for last year, notice you have offered Double Red Hibiscus. Any chance available this year? If not, maybe a reservation for next year?

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

Tulip, thank you for looking for my hosta. I think the one you posted is not what I am trying to find, it might be H. plantaginea grandiflora, the August lily. I will pass on it, but thanks again.

• serendipity44
    7 years ago

Hi Greylady, I got an Edoe from you last year and really enjoyed it. I dug it up in the Fall (the first time keeping something over winter) and will see if it comes back this summer. I assume I can plant it directly into the ground, is that correct? Or should I have started it inside in a pot? If you have an extra still I would love another one.

• blueiris3
    7 years ago

Hi Tulip, I would love to get your campanula Elizabeth. Thanks again for the Victoria Falls Iris and Colchicum. I'll be dividing the pulsatilla and digging the winter aconytes this week. Cheers, BlueIris3

• rosco_pc
    7 years ago

TULIP: Yes I can set aside a Double Red Hibiscus for you.(might only be a small size approximately 1 year old plant) This is a TROPICAL Hibiscus and thus must be indoors for winter. Is that what you were looking for? Thanks. Ross.

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Blueiris,

Campanula is under your name. Thank you for everything already I yin my garden or inside house, beside a south face window.

Ross,

Yes, I'm not good for indoor plants in general. But after saw a Hibiscus in my friend's house when it's blooming with lots of flowers, just always want to try one. How long it will take from 1 year plant to a flower one? I was told it grows extremely fast, is that sure?

To everyone who reserved Tulip Bulbs

After checking them last weekend, I'm afraid they are not valuable bulbs anymore. Some seems completely dry out, others has visible fungus and very light weight. I potted up those dry out stuffs and wait to see if any sprout later. If yes, still good to rebuild the food source for next spring. If not, sorry, All go compost. My apologize. I should not list them at all if I'm knowledgeable.

In short, cross finger and wait. If end badly, I will replace them this fall when I purchase more. Can't guarantee the same varieties, but most likely double flowers.

To All,

Just share a info. Anyone interested in annual wax Begonias?

Canadale has a Victoria weekend sale start tomorrow. 48 wax Begonias in flat for $10! Costco has 24 in flat for $10 which already a deal IMO. Now same price but double plants! Go to grab it before all gone. It's a stealing price hard to find anywhere else.

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

Serendipity, Tulip, Dinie: Here are pics of the hostas I have. The first pic is to show the yellow/green for Serendipity (I can only give one, sorry to anyone else who might have wanted it!). The second pic is green with white edging, which is just starting to unfurl (is this what you're looking for Tulip?). The third one is a wavy green ribbed, the last one is a smooth green
    ribbed (would either of these be what you're looking for, Dinie and Tulip?).

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

I should note that I have other hostas - these are just the ones people have requested. :-)

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Mauritiana,

I will make a long term reservation (next year or next to next year or even longer) for the first one! The rest I believe already in my garden somewhere.

Clean up a spot for one of my dwarf Iris yesterday, you may have second surprise coming soon...

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

Thank you, Mauritiana, but not what I am looking for.

• rosco_pc
    7 years ago

TULIP: This Hibiscus should flower this summer if grown outdoors. Ross.

• mauritiana
    7 years ago

Tulip: Ok! Are you sure you don't want the first all green one I posted (my pic #3)? It looks very much like your pic #4 that you posted for ones you are looking for.

Dinie: Sorry they weren't what you're after. Thought it was worth a try!

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Mauritiana,

Please allow me to take a closer look next time I'm in your area. Not as good as Dinie can figure out different varieties by a picture. Most of time, two closer varieties are the same for me unless they are side by side.

Anyway, thank you for you kindness offer and please do forgive me If I ask other Hostas you have but not post a photo here when I see them.

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Another gardening deal remainder:

Lowe's has NO TAX event from May 19 to May 25. Few gardening things on sale with great price:

• Natural Ceder Mulch, $2/bag (56L)
    • Scotte's Coloured Mulch, $3.97~$3.99/bag, red, black or brown
    • MiracleGro Potting Soil, $7.99 (60L)

Wish everyone a lovely, enjoyable long weekend!

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Add one more on my looking for list:

• Balloon Flower, any colour are welcome. Got one from Navygirl last year, very enjoyable when it blooming, but just realized it completely disappeared...First thought is slower sprout since I plant it in partial shade area. But dig the location and checking this morning, just nothing remain! Does any living creatures in love with it? Very weird...Anyway, wish anyone has some extra can be a trade. Thank you!
  • serendipity44
    7 years ago

Has anyone ordered and used the "big yellow bag" garden soil (the one they deliver to your driveway in a 1-yard bag)? I'm just wondering if you need to add anything to it - compost, manure, etc? It's supposed to be a mix of black loam, peat loam, decomposed manure and mineral soil. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Dinie,

After a personal swapping today, I'm not sure whether I provide the current varieties name or not. Here is the pictures, wish it is what I thought.

Hosta 'August Moon', No picture from my actual plant, but I will take one this weekend when the foliages present themselves more clearly and replace this one

Hosta 'Fire and Ice'

Please let me know if I made any mistake again...cross fingers I'm not.

• blueiris3
    7 years ago

Hello all, Happy long weekend!! I have three kinds of plectranthus cuttings, not sure of the exact varieties - one is chartreuse, one is green with purple veining on the back, one is dark green with dark purple undersides of the leaves. All are somewhat fuzzy leafed. I got cuttings from friends, and am confident that I have 2 of each to trade, and likely some for the Gambler's Circle. They are shade plants and form a big shrub-like potted plant with late season pale purple flowers like a sage. They overwinter very well, and fresh cuttings in the spring or summer are easy to root.

http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantnop/plectranambig.htm

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Blueiris,

Very interested since is shady perennials. May I try the chartreuse one and dark green with dark purple underside? Anything from my list can be a return?

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

Tulip, whatever the name, I like both hostas. Thank you.

• flowergirl_on
    7 years ago

Serendipity, I have never ordered any soil in a yellow bag like that, but I doubt that you need to add anything else to it. Sounds like it is a rich loam already. If you are mending your old flower beds, maybe just mixing it with some of the old soil? And thank you for trying to divide some of your Coral Bells. It is surprisingly easy, isn't it? They need to be done once in the while anyways to keep them healthy and looking nice.

• ashley_hope
    7 years ago

Hi everyone! Late to the game here. I've been travelling for work and doing a night class so it has been a bit crazy. I wanted to thank everyone so much for all their help with my almost non-existent garden last year. I took some photos of all the plants which have come back this year, my garden looks amazing thanks to all of you and I thought it would be neat for you to see. If I forgot anyone's name or if you see a plant of yours which I didn't credit, sorry about that and please let me know

https://imgur.com/a/QXs8V

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    7 years ago

serendipity44(5)

I have ordered the big yellow bag 2 years in a row. It' is very nice soil. You can use it wherever you like. In the garden or fixing patches in the grass or in pots. All the plants I bring will have some of this soil in the pots. No complaints here. They drop it off wherever you like it and it's neat and tidy. You can close the bag when not using the soil so it won't get rain on it and make it a soggy mess. There are 2 kinds of soil you can order. I got the black garden soil. There is natures blend but it is heavier and lacking in something I can't remember what she said when I ordered it. That is my experience. It's a lot of soil but I seem to use it all up

• serendipity44
    7 years ago

Dinnerpl8dahlila, thanks for the feedback. Yes, it does look like a lot of soil and at first I doubted we would use it all, but in the end, i didn't have enough to do my planters, after all that! It goes fast! I also got the mulch and thought the same thing. It certainly beats running back and forth to the store.

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Dinnerpl8dahlia,

My dark reddish Iris are blooming right now, then I realize it's not Dwarf bearded Iris, the foliages are around 10~12" high, but flowers are much higher, maybe around 14~16" tall. It's medium height not dwarf for sure. Do you still want a piece? It's much darker when look from distance.

Serendipity

My Dwarf Iris, 'Baby Brown Eyes' are not doing good. No blooming at all this year. Looks healthy, little bit crowd but shouldn't be too bad. Since there are two type dwarf irises share the same spot, one is 'Baby Brown Eyes' and the another is more brown with little tiny white. I have no way to indentified them unless with flowers. So I'm wondering do you still want 2 or 3 pieces to try?

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    7 years ago

Tulip

I will take any Iris' at this point. Any colour ...any size. I have a few in my garden, that is all

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    7 years ago

These are the trades so far from me to you and back:

Flowergirl_on

To me:

• Woodpoppy yellow
    • Digitalis lutea perrrenial
    • pink lupine volunteers

To you

• Dahlias pink
    • orange
    • red dinnerplate size

Blueiris3

To me:

• Geranium
    • Phox purple and or white

To you

• 2 pink and white Dahlias

Tulip

To Me

• miniature dwarf purple Iris
    • dark red bearded Iris
    • red pixy lily
    • Anemone
    • Pink bleeding heart

To you

• large Hosta
    • rhubarb
    • Candytuft white
    • Dahlia-pink and white

Mauritiana

To me

• Coral Bells

If there is a mistake in here just shoot me a messege on here.

• serendipity44
    7 years ago

Sure Tulip, whatever you have is fine...I like surprises!

• nyssaman
    7 years ago

HI Everyone here is my current list. I have been very busy with yard work and finally got around to getting a few things.

Arundo Donax or Giant Cane Grass can grow to 20 feet high. It is hardy and will survive our winters - forms a spreading clump of spreading tubers, so contain it or give it a place all by itself in full sun and lots of water to get established. 10 tubers

Northern Bush Honeysuckle - This plant is a native - so needs are minimal (basics) - little green yellow uneventful flowers - humming bird plant - 5 volunteers

Dutchman's Pipe - another native - This is a hardy vine that likes to thrive given the right conditions again needs are minimal because it's native. 5

I have 14 - 5 inch deep professional plug trays great for starting tree seeds. 2 per trade.

I'm looking for Fuchsia, Humming bird plants, Natives (forest edge plants), Blue Hosta, Showy on the harder to find Tropicals (not interested in common things, Heirloom seeds.

Cheers

Jeff

• nyssaman
    7 years ago

I seem to have missed posts in my email with some of your responses over the last few weeks So I apologize if I didn't get back to you.

I saw someone had Blackberry plants and Rhubarb and Currents bushes. I'f they're not gone I'd be interested.

I'm not sure if someone requested something from me that they saw on my Gardenweb list of plants maybe Dahlias?? but I only have what I've offered so far and many of those plants are long gone.

Jeff

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Jeff,

I'd like to try Northern Bush Honeysuckle & Dutchman's Pipe Vine . I'm looking Japanese Honeysuckle but won't mind to provide a new home for a native. please let me know if anything from my list can be a trade. Thank you.

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

TO ALL

Please help me to double check everything under your name, and let me know if there is any mistake. Thank you!

Swap Plant List 2016

From Flowergirl,

• All done

To Flowergirl,

• All done

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Blueiris,

• Pulsatilla pasque flower pale purple
    • Winter Aconites

To Blueiris

• Campanula 'Elizabeth'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Ross,

• Japanese Painted Fern
    • Gardenia, double flowering Gardenia
    • Variegated Solomons Seal division
    • Hosta 'Royal Standard'
    • Plumeria (replacement)
    • Double Red Hibiscus

To Ross,

• Oriental Lily 'Acapulco' & 'Sorbonne', 1 bulb per each
    • Tulips 'Mount Tacoma', 3 bulbs
    • Daylily, cream yellow
    • Crocosmia 'Lucifer', 1 pot

Also your mini daff's from Signet will be coming with me on swapping day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Greylady,

• Lauren's grape poppy seeds
    • Anemone tomentosa robustissima
    • Dwarf Beebalm
    • Coleus: 'Trailing Plum' and maybe others when pictures available

To Greylady,

• Tulips 'Pays-Bas'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Dinie,

• Daylily 'Baja'
    • Daylily no name, red
    • Medium size fern with red stalks
    • Hosta 'Sagae'
    • Hosta 'Halcyon'
    • Hosta 'Autumn Lily'
    • Primula, dark red with silver markings
    • White miniature bearded iris

To Dinie,

• Daylily 'Sammy Russell'
    • Hosta 'August Moon'
    • Hosta 'Fire and Ice'
    • Colchium, 2 potted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Mauritiana,

• Bearded Irises, 3 varieties
    • Siberica Iris, white and lavender
    • Pure green Hosta (will make decision whenhave a closer look)
    • Clematis, any varieties if possible

To Mauritiana,

• Dwarf Irises, deep dark red and brown with yellow
    • Clematis, 3 varieties if survived after dividing and transplant

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Serendipity

• Daylily 'Pardon Me'
    • Daylily, noID reddish

To Serendipity

• Lily of The Valley
    • Dwarf Iris, 'Baby Brown Eyes'

Also your plants from Signet will be coming with me on swapping day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Dinnerpl8dahlia

• Rhubarb
    • Giant Hosta
    • Candytuft, white
    • Dahlia, pink and white striped

To Dinnerpl8dahlia

• Miniature Dwarf Iris, dark purple
    • Dwarf bearded Iris, dark reddish
    • Pixie Dwarf Lily, red
    • Bleeding Heart, pink
    • Anemone, mixed, 1 pot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Dotter

• Hosta

To Dotter

• Iris 'Victoria Falls'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Jeff,

• Northern Bush Honeysuckle
    • Dutchman's Pipe Vine

To Jeff,

• Please let me know...
  • Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Update on May 26th:

Offer list:

No trade requested.

• Hosta 'Francee', green with white edging, very common type
    • Daylily 'Sammy Russell' (great thanks to Signet). blooming little later than old Ditch orange lily, similar high, reserved by Dinie
    • Daylily, grandma's old orange Ditch
    • Lily of the valley, reserved by Serendipity
    • Helianthus tuberosus, either tubers or plants
    • White Datura Seedings

Trade list:

Oriental Lily bulbs, 6 varieties available, 1 bulb per trade. ALL GONE

• Lilium “Acapulco”, 1 bulb, reserved by Ross
    • Lilium “Casablanca”, 2 bulbs, reserved by Flowergirl
    • Lilium “Stargazer”, 1 bulbs, reserved by Flowergirl
    • Lilium “Sorbonne", 2 bulbs, reserved by Ross and Flowergirl
    • Lilium “Tom Pouce”, 1 bulb, reserved by Flowergirl
    • Lilium “Muscadet”, 1 bulb, reserved by Flowergirl

Tulip bulbs, 3 varieties available, 3 bulbs per trade (Can't guarantee bulbs' quality since they are left over from last fall planting, storage in cold room whole winter with no extra protection), ALL GONE

• 'Pays-Bas', 6 bulbs, reserved by Flowergirl and Greylady
    • 'Mount Tacoma', 6 bulbs, reserved by Flowergirl and Ross
    • 'Aveyron', 3 bulbs, reserved by Flowergirl

Iris: ALL GONE

• 'Victoria Falls', 1 rthzorne per trade, 5 reserved by Blueiris, 5 reserved by Mauritiana, 1 reserved by Dotter
    • Dwarf bearded 'baby brown eyes', (picture available) limited to 2 trade, reserved by Serendipity & Mauritiana
    • Medium bearded no-name, dark reddish, (picture available) limited to 2 trade, reserved by Mauritiana and Dinnerpl8dahlia
    • Miniature Dwarf bearded deep purple, (picture available) limited to 1 trade, reserved by Dinnerpl8dahlia

Pixie Dwarf Lily: ALL GONE

• Red, (picture available) small bulbs, 2 available, reserved by Dinnerpl8dahlia

Colchium: ALL GONE

• autumnale, 3 to 5 bulbs per pot depend on size, 2 pots reserved by Blueiris, 2 pots reserved by Dinie

Hostas:

• Honeybells
    • August Moon, reserved by Dinie
    • Fire and Ice, reserved by Dinie
    • Golden Tiara
    • Francee Williams

Bleeding Heart, Pink, 2 trade available, reserved by Dinnerpl8dahlia

Campanula 'Elizabeth', 1 available, reserved by Blueiris GONE

Daylilies:

• Stella De Oro
    • Tall bearded, flower is slitily larger than orange ditch, yellow with red centre (picture available), 2 small size clumps available
    • Creamy yellow, medium high, (picture available), a piece available, reserved by Ross GONE

Matteuccia "Struthiopteris" (Ostrich Fern)

Anemone: ALL GONE

• 'De Caen' mixed, can't guarantee colour, could be either hot pink, white, red and blue-violet. 6 pieces per pot, 2 pots available, reserved by Flowergirl and Dinnerpl8dahlia

Crocosmia: ALL GONE

• 'Lucifer', 5 bulbs per pot, 2 pots available, reserved by Flowergirl and Ross

Looking for:

• Pixie Dwarf Lily in any colour except red
    • Gaint Hostas, any tall and huge leaf or uncommon varieties (great Thanks for Mauritiana & Dotter)
    • Irises, any varieties except yellow water Iris (great Thanks for Mauritiana)
    • Columbines, any varieties since I have no left even those I received from last year trade due to husband's 'mistake' (great Thanks for Blueiris & Mauritiana)
    • Phlox, any varieties except tall pink (great Thanks for Blueiris & Flowergirl)
    • Echinacea, any colour are welcome, and specially looking for 'Pink Poodle', 'Pink Double Delight', 'Secret Lust', etc
    • Daylilies, prefer any varieties which blooming within 2 feet high
    • Dwarf Bee-Balm (great Thanks for Greylady)
    • Bleeding Heart, White, Red or any colour other than common pink (great Thanks for Flowergirl)
    • Japanese Honeysuckle
    • Feverfew, double (great Thanks for Signet again, she gets me covered)
    • Balloon Flower, any colour are welcome
  • flowergirl_on
    7 years ago

Serendipity, thank you for another heuchera. :)

Everyone, I have a few annuals available for a trade. I am always on the look out for any pretty new annuals I don't have...but if you don't have annuals available, anything else pretty will do. :)

Seedlings:

Texas sage, red

Snapdragons (from rusty red, might not come true)

Impatiens balsamina, scarlet if comes true

Volunteers:

Datura, white (only a few)

Purple Perilla

Scarlet Gilia (scarlet, pink or bi-colour), last year I had four plants and only two were actually scarlet)

I have to go through my other list since I am out of some of them. Will do that soonish.

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

Flowergirl, I would love some Texas sage seedlings. Anything on my list that you like?

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Need help, the picture below is the pot has been used to plant White Datura last year. Totally forget it in garage, hidden behind bunch of garden stuffs. Until Flowergirl mentions her White Datura volunteer, which remind me where is my pot...Anyway, is this all Datura? Both volunteers and seedings? If so, I seems have tons of them to give away!

• flowergirl_on
    7 years ago

Ashley, forgot to say earlier..very nice gardens. :)

Dinie, I would like Bloodroot for Texas sage if still available, please.

Tulip, looks like your pot is full of Datura. The bigger ones seem to be growing from the roots and the smaller ones are volunteers which are also seedlings. I just call seedlings volunteers when they have self-seeded instead of me sowing them. I actually just removed a big plant growing in the place my Datura was growing last year and I also have a bigger Datura growing there from roots. Datura can be a short-lived perennial.

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Flowergirl,

Glad to know Datura can be a short-lived perennial. How short is it? Two years? I thought it's not hard enough to survive in our winter, so decided to use a large container to keep it safe and no dig or sow. Will try to plant few in the ground this year.

To All,

Add White Datura seedings to my offer list, if no one interested, will compost them next weekend.

• gdinieontarioz5
    7 years ago

Ok, Flowergirl, bloodroot for you. Not a big piece, but I will bring it.

• flowergirl_on
    7 years ago

Tulip, I had a Datura plant few years ago that lasted 3...maybe 4 years. But I have had them before and they were gone after the one summer.

Dinie, thank you for the Bloodroot. :)

• nyssaman
    7 years ago

Hi Tulip not a problem with the Dutchman's pipe and the Bush Honeysuckle

Ross are you looking for Plumeria? I will be cutting mine in the fall. I can get you a 12 inch piece then, if you like. ( White flower, yellow center.)

Merja Do you have any mandevilla left. I'm thinking my hummingbirds would like these and they're beautiful.

• nyssaman
    7 years ago

Anyone have any tropical hibiscus yellow or orange flowers?

Tulip it appears you are looking for the Plumeria, as I said I will be cutting a piece in the fall, if you're interested.

• Tulip
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Again, need help for two indentification.

First one has very similar foliage as Ontario trillium, but with this almost not noticeable flower, which is hidden behind and top part rolled down with green back colour.

Second is tiny one with only one set of foliage and more like a weed without a very closer look.

• rosco_pc
    7 years ago

TULIP: I believe your plants to be Jack-in-the-pulpit and Allium. Hope that helps. Ross.

• greylady_gardener
    7 years ago

Hello all hope everyone is staying cool. I haven't been able to get out much anyway so haven't had to fight the heat. Sorry for not responding if anyone has asked me anything but haven't been up to reading much let alone answering. I do remember being asked about eddoe and even though this is very late I will say that I have always potted up early inside because I found that they take a fairly long time to get going.....of course the experience may be different if planted directly outside......but have never done it that way.

Agree with your ID Ross.....allium looks like "karatavience".

An update regarding the Cosmo rubenza seeds....they did not do well....:(

Are we going to talk about the potluck or make it a true potluck?

• blueiris3
    7 years ago

Hello all, This thread has reach 167+ posts, which is getting a bit unwieldy. I've started a new thread, please go there! I've posted directions to our usual site, in Springbank Park, on the new thread, along with a suggestion for how to run the Gambler's Circle. Cheers, Heather / BlueIris3

http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/3929603/2016-springbank-london-on-plant-swap-part-3

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals
More Discussions