SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jpmom

X-Post. Corner Pantry - Make it disappear.

jpmom
8 years ago

We finally started our kitchen update.

I've always liked having a corner pantry (great storage) - but never realized how much it sticks out like a sore thumb until I started taking all the photos of my kitchen - uploading them here - and seeing how prominent it is in the room.

Here it is pre-demo:

Here it is now:

Cabinets will be Simply White.

Island painted dark charcoal

Island top marble-like quartz (very subtle veining)

All of my uppers will be taken to the ceiling like this:

I'm contemplating doing something like this with the corner. Treating it like part of the cabinetry. They suggested taking the trim piece (about 12 inches) all the way around the corner. It will die into the corner at the window.

Montgomery · More Info

Here is another photo for easier comparison:

Note — I have no crown moulding in my kitchen/FR. The windows/transoms didn't allow for this.

The cooktop wall will be tiled all the way to the ceiling - including the small space above the window.

I will also replace the door with a two panel - so it looks less busy.

I am not replacing the island light. Just doing pendants over the peninsula. So the space in the main part of my kitchen will be open - no visual obstruction over the island.

So - what do you think? The whole corner - door - plus wall to left and right of the door painted to match the cabinets. The window trim also painted simply white (as it's a bright white now)

Hood is stainless. Then there's a 20" wide cabinet to the right of the hood. (same width as the window)

***The one concern I have is using so much crown to wrap the corner. It's 12 inches above my cabinets. But since it will all be the same color, I think it could look ok. It's just hard for me to visualize.

Comments (15)