SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Please Help With Pantry Plan /X Post -> Home Dec, Long

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have a good sized walk in pantry that is about ten years overdue for a makeover. The space is very oddly shaped, the result of a new wing (1994) put on at an angle to the existing house. I have played online with programs like easy closets but cannot come up with a good configuration for what I need to store.

The current pantry has 15" coated wire shelves along the longest wall. They start about 18" off the floor and the highest one is at about 7 ft. (The ceiling is 10 feet high.) I hate these with a red hot passion, as they are too deep for foodstuffs and not deep enough for serving pieces and small appliances. There is some hanging storage on the angled wall, and a low metal shelving unit (30" wide x 36" high) that stores dog stuff. Our dogs food and water is in this room. We used to have nice wicker dog crates in this room until we got the third dog and moved their accommodation onto the screened porch.

What will be stored: all our dry goods are in this pantry: there is no food in the kitchen outside the fridge. That means canned goods, cardboard boxes of pasta and cereal, resealable pouches of dried fruit, nuts, trail mix, granola, etc. Bagged snacks like pretzels and chips. Bottles of olive oil and vinegars, Other stuff I can't think of :-)

Also to be stored: soft sided zippered coolers, serving trays, punch bowls, large glass bowls for serving salad, barbecue implements and shish kabob skewers, 10 gallon can for dog food, dog pharmaceuticals and outfits (please dont ask), treats, canine dental hygiene impedimenta, votives, candlesticks, (casual ones for kitchen / outside, formal stuff is kept in the dining room or butlers pantry). We store the toaster in the pantry as it is not used often and I dislike stuff on our counters,

I would like a counter to drop grocery bags, a place to keep toaster plugged in, open wood shelving.

Sketch of space:

Current pantry pictures. You can see that the shelves along the long wall run directly into the tiny far wall.

Comments (37)