SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathyg_in_mi

Selling Mom's house

kathyg_in_mi
7 years ago

Have gotten 2 CMA's so far 140,900 and 139,900, third one will be done next week. I think both are in the right ball park. This is near Lansing, MI.

But, we have had some interested people all ready! First one could not get a mortgage, and we offered it to her at 125,000 (close friend of Mom).

The second one is her handy man. Told him 126,900 and we would use a lawyer and pay for title search, etc. Mom would really like him and wife to have the house. She would like to end up with 120,000. She is going into independent living apartment at 2,800 per month. She is 88 and has other funds also.

Obviously they must get a mortgage. Waiting to hear from them on it.

Moving her out next week. If no sale yet I will go ahead and sign with a realtor.

House is up to date, except for wallpaper! In last 5 years new whole house generator, furnace, hot water tank, second laundry on first floor, etc. Home is very clean 3 bedroom, 1 and 1 1/2 bath, finished basement. Beautiful hard wood floors under carpeting and kitchen remodeled a couple of times.

They paid 18,000 52 years ago! Mom is not a hoarder (thank God), and so far packing and downsizing is going very well.

I guess I just want to give ya'll some back ground because I know I'll be back with lots of questions.

Thanks for listening, Kathy G in MI

Comments (14)