SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbaldauf61

New Construction - L shaped kitchen with island questions

mbaldauf61
8 years ago

Hi everyone,

We had posted here awhile back with another floor plan and since that time have gone a completely different direction with a plan drawn by Architect Runner Guy. We've made some minor changes to his plan but are SO happy with the new direction.

This is an L shaped kitchen with center island w/ prep sink. We are a family of 4, often 2 or 3 cooks and at times more. We have family and friends over monthly if not more to cook, grill, swim, etc. We are avid cooks and bakers so I want plenty of good prep space. Also, want at least one upper cabinet with glass to place my better dishes in. Everyday dishes will go in drawers in the island.

We are wanting a microwave drawer - probably in the island.

There is a large pantry around the corner which will hold larger items such as serving pieces, fondue pots, and over flow groceries but I feel we will want some sort of pantry - possibly pull out pantry IN the kitchen.

We will have mostly drawers for storage, a slide in duel fuel range, French door fridge and would like seating for 3 at the island.

The side door goes to the screen porch.

The measurement are 14'9" wide and 23 feet deep from front dining wall to back kitchen wall. I'll post the conceptual drawing by ARG as I'm waiting on the actual plans which show the few changes we've made.

I've drawn a few different ideas but probably like the first layout. It keeps the island open except the prep sink. I saw a photo of a kitchen with black cabinets on Houzz similar to layout 3 which DH and I also liked. It was unique yet seemed like it would function well... and it was BEAUTIFUL! but I can't find it now. One thing - I don't want the cooktop on the island.

Here's the floor plan drawing.

Thank you SO very much for taking the time to read this and offer suggestions.

Sunny

Comments (10)