SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atheen_

Husband JUST back from the hospital, and scales on one of my Meyers

Good evening y'all,

I double posted this on the citrus forum as well, which I typically don't do, but I'm in a bit of a pickle. To make a long story short, my husband has been in the hospital's ICU for a week for pancreatitis, and got home two days ago. I've spent all my days and most of my evenings at the hospital with him. Which means I really don't don't have much time to spare now that he's back home.

Sadly, one of my Meyers decided this would be a good time to get scales. I just noticed this tonight. The scale and sap that I could see was on a limb I had marked for pruning, so I started by cutting it and throwing it out in the trash. I did an inspection of the rest of the tree with a bright flashlight and couldn't see any more scales or sap, but that doesn't mean they aren't there and there is only so much you can see at night. The other tree looks ok, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to treat it preventively.

I did see some liquid, but only around the lemon flowers hearts where the lemons form, so I hope HOPE that's nectar, not scale residue.

Tomorrow's temperatures will be ranging from 57 to 63. The trees have been kept between 69 and 72 inside all winter. Can I take them out on the deck long enough to spray them with insecticidal spray let it dry and spray some Neem oil or is the temperature shock going to have them drop all their leaves? Should I tarp the living room and do that inside? (I dint want to, but I will if I must) Or should I do something else?

i really don't need this right now, I have my hands full as it is. So, any clear advice that doesn't send me on a wild goose chase would very much be appreciated.

What I have at my disposal :

70% Rubbing alcohol, cotton

Garden safe insecticidal soaphttp://m.lowes.com/pd/Garden-Safe-Insecticidal-Soap-Insect-Killer-Ready-To-Use-Liquid/4382973

Neem oil and sprayer

Thank you all for your help, and God bless,

Atheen

Comments (6)