SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gloxinialover

Armored Scales Infested Meyer Lemon!! Help ME!!

GloxiniaLover
12 years ago

So heres my story:

I got my young meyer lemon tree(less than a foot and a half) and no side branches, at the Home and Garden Show, in Seattle. Im pretty sure it came with the armored scales because i kept it inside until about mid-may and it developed problems before that. I wish i wouldve caught it early because its leaves yellowed and dropped and usually the plant had only about 3 leaves at a time. Also, there were spots underneath the leaves which i always had a little concern about but wasnt sure if it was just how the plant is supposed to be. Then over the summer im sure the scales were controlled by predators because my lemon started growing tons of leaves and actually had a large lemon on it. Then when i brought it inside it started dropping leaves and its lemon!! :( Now its just a long green stem. :( I scraped off the scales(ewie!) and washed it with a little soap, which i dont knoww if thats the right thing but i was desperate! Now im pretty sure the scales are gone but im going to buy horticultural oil to spray on. Sorry for the long message but i wanted to give a little history! But here are my main questions:

-16 oz would be enough for a small lemon tree right?

-You delute it with water to spray on right? What is the water to oil ratio?

-Anything else i should know about treating?

Also, i need your opinion here! Do you think it will live? One story i saw in a magezine a reader had sent in of their peach tree that turned into a brown twig and they actually pulled it up and used it as a support for another plant, which gives me hope! It has lost all its leaves but its stem still looks healthy and dark green, and since it fully recovered during the summer after losing all but 2 leaves last year, im hopeful.

Again i apologize for the long post but i think if someone read this it may help them or maybe you'd just enjoy the story. I dont know

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: My Infested Lemon

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville