SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
l_bay

I'm helping my friend unclutter her home. She is a widow.

L Bay
7 years ago

My friend became a widow approximately 8 years ago. She is now aware of her clutter. She went on a shopping spree for about a year or so. There is new furniture new household items still in boxes and bags from their respective stores. There are also things like light gym equipment her husband used and tons of paper in bags (letters, bills, advertisements she has never gone through since his death). There is a closet full of his clothes that she had dry cleaned for him. There are many items that I keep coming across such as brand new back packs. They are both into backpacks. Very high quality. Brand new shoes. Tons of books that interested him and not her. All hardcover. So, I went this weekend to her house as she lives out of state I stayed a week with her. We were only able to load 5 (suv) truckloads of things we took to the dump and good will. By the way THE BEDROOMS ARE FULL TO THE TOP OF BOXES. I JUST EMPTIED 1/4 OF ONE OF THE BEDROOMS. ALL BEDROOMS AND TWO BATHROOMS ARE STACKED TO THE TOP WITH BOXES.
I FEEL OVERWHELMED BECAUSE I JUST DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO NEXT. IVE COMPLETELY ORGANIZED THE KITCHEN FOR HER ALL CABINETS COUNTERS AND ALL. I'VE EMPTIED 1/2 OF THE LIVING ROOM EMPTIED AND ORGANIZED ONE OF THE BATHROOMS. I HAVE TO HELP HER BECAUSE SHE IS STILL DEPRESSED BUT AT LEAST SHE IS READY TO NOW TO LET ME HELP HER.
PLEASE IF YOU KNOW WHAT MY NEXT STEP SHOULD BE LET ME KNOW. I AM THE ONE FEELING OVERWHELMED NOW...LOL

Comments (23)