SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
busybeeinsc

Has anyone used ClearPath by Fin Pan for their shower base?

busybeeinsc
8 years ago

We're beginning a new build. I want a curb-less 6'x6' shower in one corner of an 11.5'x12' master bath. Based on reading I had done I thought that we could use 2x10 joists in the bathroom (the house is using all TJI), and notch them 2" where the shower will be (and put them 12" apart versus 16") and then use the Schluter shower kit, which I've used a number of times before (but not curbless). But the engineer says we have to put in an additional pier, and put in 2 additional beams, and then put in lowered 2x8 joists where the shower is, and use the TJIs in the rest of the bath.

This seems like a lot of extra work and cost so I started looking for alternatives, and the ClearPath shower kit by FinPan seems to meet our needs - it can go directly on the joists and you slope a mud bed from backer board on the rest of the bathroom floor to the drain, so you have enough slope. I'm probably not explaining it too well - here is th e link: ClearPath

Has anyone here used this? If not, and you still built a curb-less shower, what did you use/ how did you do it?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH