SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amybabyboy3

Fotess Swap: April Showers Bring May Flowers

amybabyboy3
7 years ago

For any newcomers, FOTESS is a members only group. If you would like to join, please contact Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) or Shirley (sjc48) for information.

May Swap is going to be fun and simple. Sign up here if you would like to participate. For this swap you will send your partner 2-3 plants in a box. Send something that you love to grow and that your partner will enjoy also. Also, If you have a really great way to send plants so they are looking beautiful when they arrive please post your pointers here

so the newbies that have joined will have some good ideas to follow for safe shipping.

Sign up until May 5th and please send out by May 21st. Thank you and Hope you will join us this month!

Comments (179)

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

BINGO WORD; garden

BINGO WORDS SO FAR:

SWEET

SUNNY

ENJOY

DROPS

CAMP

MARCH

AWAKEN

CELEBRATE

BLOSSOM

FLOWER

CLEAN

FUN

HEAT

MONTH

GARDEN

Hope Everyone is having a nice weekend! Take care!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    7 years ago

Seed and Plant List · More Info
    My first peony is blooming! I'm so happy! Plant dance in the street! Heidi

• Related Discussions

Have extra's. looking to swap. Join the april showers bring May .

Q

Comments (1)
    Here is the link to join :) Here is a link that might be useful: Join the swap
    ...See More

UPDATE: April showers bring May flowers

Q

Comments (149)
    Hi Connie , I would love the juliet plum tomato if its still available ? Hope everyone had a good weekend ... was 69 here, I wintersowed and started some seeds in the garage on my new shelves my SO built for me ... was nice to get out in the fresh air and sunshine ... ~Iris
    ...See More

UPDATE: April showers bring May flowers

Q

Comments (147)
    I finally got my package on Saturday, actually today cuz yesterday we were at a Renaissance festival all day.. but WOW!!!!!!!!!!! it was TOTALLY worth the wait!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo absolutely THRILLED with my seeds, ty so very much Connie and to everyone else that shared seeds as well! I am gonna be BUSY this week sowing seeds!!!!!!! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!! ~Wendy
    ...See More

MNF April Showers Bring May Flowers #2

Q

Comments (147)
    Becky, This has been such a wonderful time and experience with this MNF, you are such a wonderful and up to date host. a big hearty missouri "THANK YOU" and happy gardening and to all that gave and received I say to you enjoy all the "dirt therapy" that you can.Life is too short not to. I did receive my package from deborah.Will enjoy the three begonia's and the 2 vegetable seed packages. Thanks Deborah for a package that was well packed and the plants was planted that same day. My computer shot craps and going to have to buy another one is the reason I am so slow getting this out
    ...See More
  • BenLovesBeets (Zone 7b)
    7 years ago

WOW...Heidi that's absolutely gorgeous!

• Wild Haired Mavens
    7 years ago

Swooned at gorgeousness Heidi what kind is it?

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Heidi, that's gorgeous. That is such an unusual flower shape. My peonies are all one color. I love them but we get so much rain here that the flowers don't last very long so I tend to cut them and bring them indoors. I vermicompost the petals afterwards.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    7 years ago

I'll answer for Heidi...haha

That peony is bowl of beauty.

Lisa

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Heidi, That is a gorgeous peony!

Today's Bingo word is Drizzle!

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Heidi -- Fantastic peony!

7 years ago

I was surprised myself at how pretty it is. I started to look on the internet for variety names and I think mine is Bowl of Beauty. Can't believe how many different kinds there are. I love them all! Thanks everyone! Heidi

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Margo, I came home this evening and your package was waiting by my door. Everything looks great. Thank you for:

Yellow iris (I don't have yellow so very happy to get this)

Grape hyacinth

Lady's mantle

Stonecrop coral carpet (I had no idea about these plants and happy they are hardy in my zone!)

Lime Thyme (Smells great! Looking forward to using this once it grows some.).

Bee balm pink lace (I have read good things about this plant and was thinking about getting it. Now I don't have to!)

Seeds:

Gingseng parsley: I bought seeds of Hamburg parsley so would be interesting to see how they compare.

Balloonflower Astra white (I had been thinking about trying Balloonflower so now I will).

Red bird amaranth

Thank you also for the monkey that looks like a toy but is not a toy (That's what it said on the bottom!)

It was late when I got home but I managed to get all the plants planted in my front yard and watered although it was pretty dark by the time I got done.

Margo, you were so generous. Thank you so much!

• smitties
    7 years ago

Emily, I deleted my response to your first post now that I understand what you meant. Lol. I hope all the plants survive for you snd I'm glad you enjoyed the selection. Margo

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

BOXES UPDATE:

Jeanne sends to Erica-RECEIVED

Erica sends to Alana-RECEIVED

Alana sends to Amy-RECEIVED

Amy send to Jennifer-RECEIVED

Jennifer sends to Connie

Connie send to Jeanne-RECEIVED

Lisa sends to Heidi-RECEIVED

Heidi send to Beth-RECEIVED

Beth sends to Lisa-RECEIVED

Margo sends to Emily-RECEIVED

Emily sends to Annie-RECEIVED

Annie sends to Breanne-RECEIVED

Breanne sends to Margo--RECEIVED

BINGO WORDS SO FAR:

SWEET

SUNNY

ENJOY

DROPS

CAMP

MARCH

AWAKEN

CELEBRATE

BLOSSOM

FLOWER

CLEAN

FUN

HEAT

MONTH

GARDEN

DRIZZLE

APRIL

TODAY'S BINGO WORD IS: APRIL********

Everyone has sent super boxes this month- Great Job! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

• sjc48
    7 years ago

Hi Everyone, Happy Tuesday!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up: I'll be posting the June Swap on Saturday or Sunday. The theme will be Summer School and we'll be celebrating the basics: Reading, Writing and 'Rithmatic!

Amy, this was a fantastic swap, you did a really great job of hostessing - Thank you!

I'm getting all my annual seeds planted today, we finally are getting some warm nights.

Heidi, that peony is gorgeous!

Have a great day, All!

Shirley!

• smitties
    7 years ago

Amy, this was a great swap. Thanks again for taking it for me. It did turn out to be quite a month and you gave me great relief.

My brother in law is having heart trouble. They can't get his heart rate to stay steady so he needs an oblation. Once they get that under control, he will need a pace maker. He has had three surgeries in the last ten years and everything is basically wearing out and there is so much work that needs to be done they said he wouldn't survive it. Unfortunately back at the end of 2015, they told him he had about 3 years before his heart would give up. He is only 68!!!! It really is hard to think of what he is going through. Please put him in your prayers. Thank you.

On a better note, not sure I have told you all that my dil and my daughter are expecting and my daughter is having a girl. They had decided to name her Olivia Ann. I love it and I am so excited.

I hope everyone is having a great start to their week. We are getting some pretty warm temps. It has been unseasonable cold up to now so it seems we skipped right over spring.

Margo

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Margo, So sorry to hear about your brother n law but will be praying for him.

Great news about your girls and I love the name Olivia. It is beautiful! Take care and it has been a lot of fun hosting the swap. I was happy to do it! Amy

Shirley, Can't wait for June's swap that sounds like a great theme! We are just waiting on one more box to arrived and we will be complete for May!

Todays bingo word is FLOW!

Enjoy your day! Amy

• Wild Haired Mavens
    7 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just got my box. Thanks for sending.

Everything is dead, there's a flower on some sort of grass but the actual plants are all dead.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    7 years ago

Oh Connie, that's terrible. I'm sure Jennifer will resend a package..

• Wild Haired Mavens
    7 years ago

Lisa,

Jennifer is brand new and stated she didn't have but bananas to trade. Erica posted Jennifer sent the bananas to her to get in our group so Jennifer doesn't have anything left. I don't know who in this group came up with that idea?

I'm hoping Jennifer's sponsor will send me something. I really don't want the new person stressed out after that confusion. She did try.

Jennifer if the sponsor won't step up, don't worry about it.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    7 years ago

Connie, many years ago when I was new, I bought plants based on what the theme was and split them with my partner. Where there is a will, there is a way. :)

• sjc48
    7 years ago

Connie, the rule is that if someone doesn't send/uphold their end of the swap, their sponsor has to make up the package. That didn't happen here, but you should certainly receive something. The question becomes "Who sends the package?" I think before we chase down the sponsor, Jennifer should try to send something, seeds, a small garden implement, perhaps she could get in touch with you to find out what you would like.

Jennifer, you aren't the first to have this happen and you won't be the last! Please !get together with Connie so you can figure out what to send, okay? Thanks!

Amy, sorry to jump in here, but this needs to be resolved right awayj

Shirley

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    7 years ago

I was just coming back to say, the boss will take care..haha

• sjc48
    7 years ago

Jeanne and Amy, sent you both an email.

Also, Connie and Jennifer, let us know what is going on, okay? Thanks!

Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    7 years ago

Connie you sent a fabulous package to me for this swap so I want to make sure you get a package of wonderful plants. I'll wait to hear more from Shirley, but don't feel that you will be left out.

Jeanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    7 years ago

Connie, Jennifer, Shirley I will be fine with sending a "make UP " package. I'll need an address but will have the package ready to mail Tuesday ( Monday being a holiday) Sorry about the delay here but I have been off the internet for almost a week. Amazing how far behind you can get in 5 or 6 days. All is well and resending is no problem

Again sorry for the delay and the confusion

bethb

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Shirley, Jeanne and Beth, Thank you for helping Connie out with this.

Today's Bingo words are: BORN AND MELT

So Far we have had:

SWEET

SUNNY

ENJOY

DROPS

CAMP

MARCH

AWAKEN

CELEBRATE

BLOSSOM

FLOWER

CLEAN

FUN

HEAT

MONTH

GARDEN

DRIZZLE

APRIL

FLOW

BORN

MELT

Have a nice Thursday! The weekend is almost here!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Beth, Thank you so much! Amy

• sjc48
    7 years ago

Beth, please don't send anything right now, much as I appreciate your offer, we need to give Jennifer the chance to respond here on the swap and make up her end of the swap. If we don't hear from her by Saturday, Beth, we'll take you up on your very generous offer! Thank You!

Shirley!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Today's Bingo word is RAIN

So Far we have had:

SWEET

SUNNY

ENJOY

DROPS

CAMP

MARCH

AWAKEN

CELEBRATE

BLOSSOM

FLOWER

CLEAN

FUN

HEAT

MONTH

GARDEN

DRIZZLE

APRIL

FLOW

BORN

MELT

RAIN

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!

• amybabyboy3 thanked xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    7 years ago

It's a long story, but a meteorologist told our head chaplain in Arkansas this is the year for lots of action in "Tornado Alley" Texas through the Dakotas because the conditions are perfect. The clouds are amazing. Storms build with speed and the clouds are ominous but beautiful. We were in a drought 3 years ago. Now we're squishy wet. Heidi

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Amy,

Thanks so much for hosting.....a wonderful month of plants!!

FOTESSERS, enjoy your weekend! Be safe.....God Bless our ladies and gentlemen who died while serving in our military, serving and protecting all of us.

Annie

amybabyboy3 thanked canyonwind
  • EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Amy -- Thank you for another great month of hosting!

amybabyboy3 thanked EricaBraun
  • gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Amy, this was a wonderful swap and theme. So timely too, perfect time for planting. Thank you so much for hosting. Have a great weekend, everyone!

amybabyboy3 thanked gardengirl37232
  • sandlapper_rose
    7 years ago

Amy, thanks for being hostess for this fun swap. I hadn't participated in a plant swap for a long time and May is still a good month for me to receive plants before the summer sizzle arrives so it worked out great.

I hope someone has Bingo soon. I think I totally picked the wrong words this month. Only about half of mine are checked off.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.

Jeanne

amybabyboy3 thanked sandlapper_rose
  • Wild Haired Mavens
    7 years ago

Thanks Amy,

This was a great time for sharing plants, right when everything is growing good, and we're all hankering to get in the garden.

amybabyboy3 thanked Wild Haired Mavens
  • Jennifer (Zone 5b Michigan)
    7 years ago

Connie I have sent you a PM. Please let me know if that will work.

Again sorry for the dead plants, thought I packed them well. Learning experience for sure.

7 years ago
    Amy, thanks so much for hosting the swap! As a newbie I certainly was worried sending live plants for the first time! i got a lovely package and am making new friends (I hope). i enjoyed participating a great deal, and am looking forward to future fun!
    amybabyboy3 thanked BenLovesBeets (Zone 7b)
  • sjc48
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Morning!

Jennifer and Connie, please let us know what is going on, okay?

I'll be posting the June swap just as soon as I wake up, stayed up late to watch the Dubs win, then couldn't sleep until around two, so it's a late start for the day!

Edited: Connie just HM me, she and Jennifer are working this out, Thanks, Ladies! Stay in touch with us!

Shirley!

• poisondartfrog
    7 years ago

Great swap, Amy! I enjoyed it.

amybabyboy3 thanked poisondartfrog
  • amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you all so much for joining this month. It was a great swap! Sorry I am late with the bingo words, we left to go camping Friday pm and I forgot to post on Saturday!

Saturday's word is HIKE

Sunday's word is: PLAY

AND A BONUS WORD: FRIENDS

SWEET

SUNNY

ENJOY

DROPS

CAMP

MARCH

AWAKEN

CELEBRATE

BLOSSOM

FLOWER

CLEAN

FUN

HEAT

MONTH

GARDEN

DRIZZLE

APRIL

FLOW

BORN

MELT

RAIN

HIKE

PLAY

FRIENDS

HAVE A NICE MEMORIAL DAY!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Happy Memorial Day!

Today's word is: GROW

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I am behind calling bingo I guess since the month ends today!

Here are some more bingo words

BLOOM

MAY

CHANGE

BUD

FROLIC

BASK

so far we have had:

SWEET

SUNNY

ENJOY

DROPS

CAMP

MARCH

AWAKEN

CELEBRATE

BLOSSOM

FLOWER

CLEAN

FUN

HEAT

MONTH

GARDEN

DRIZZLE

APRIL

FLOW

BORN

MELT

RAIN

HIKE

PLAY

FRIENDS

GROW

• smitties
    7 years ago

Amy, again, thanks for the great fun this month. You did a super job.

I went from needing 8 words two days ago to needing only two for Bingo. With all the words that have been posted today, someone has to be lucky and have Bingo.

It's been pretty warm here this past week but I am not complaining. It is hard for me to garden in the heat so I wait til after dinner and spend a couple hours a night outside completed needed tasks. Got the tomato and cucumber plants in today. I still need to weed and clean out so many gardens but I am keeping myself from getting overwhelmed by doing one project each night. So far, so good. We could use some rain so the weeding could be a little easier.

Margo

amybabyboy3 thanked smitties
  • sandlapper_rose
    7 years ago

Bingo!!!

• EricaBraun
    7 years ago

Jeanne -- Congratulations!!

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Congratulations, Jeanne!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Congratulations Jeanne! I will get your prize off to you in the next few days! Have a great day everyone!

7 years ago

Yay Jeanne!

• sjc48
    7 years ago

Way to go, Jeanne! Congrats1

Connie and Jennifer, how are things progressing?

Have a great day, Everyone!

Shirley!

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!