SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dnkln2005

Has anyone ever bought furniture from Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams?

dnkln2005
8 years ago

I'm debating about a sofa and loveseat I found at Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams. It's the Keaton sofa/loveseat. I like it but found mixed reviews on line. I wanted to ask if anyone has any positive/negative experiences about this particular Keaton line? Or if you'd like to share any other experience with this store will be great too! Thank you!

Comments (140)

• Roger in Phoenix
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hi Amy - Be careful not to fall for that MGBW 'lifetime warranty' trap. The only things that are lifetime warrantied are the frame and springs. (Most other manufacturers do the same). These are the two things most unlikely to fail no matter who you purchase from.

MGBW's limited warranty of fabrics, leathers, cushions, seams, and mechanisms pretty much negates that idea of any 'lifetime warranty'. Each of those items, which are much more likely to give you problems, come with a long list of qualifications needing to meet their determination of 'normal use'.

Just for example;

Have a problem with a fabric in the first year? You're out of luck. "This warranty does not cover wear, fading, shrinkage, or stretching that can occur with normal use of most fabrics and leathers".

Cushions flatten within the first year? Out of luck again. "All foams and lining materials will soften and conform to the shape of the user—this is considered normal and is not a defect".

The list goes on.

My experience was, they stall for months and then argue with you ad nauseum that the thing you're complaining about falls under 'normal wear', in the hopes of you tiring of pursuing it.

I hope you find the perfect sofa... good luck to you.

• Suzanne Abrams
    last year

Hi All

i am currently having miserable time with customer service..This is what i have learned the customer service number is a call center The reps have no knowledge of the products and no authority to take action other than write a ”ticket.” The reps are empathetic and friendly but they never follow through .They say they will talk to their supervisor and get back to you but not one rep has done that.. I have no idea how you ever get to talk to someone who can actually do something If you buy online there is no help i was outright lied to on several issues, one being that my credit card would not be charged until the item shipped At this point Visa is going to deal with them

• Related Discussions

Has anyone ordered from Urbanhomestyle.com?

Q

Comments (22)
    HEADS UP ON COMFORTSOURCE.COM......NOW OPERATING UNDER THE NAME COMFORTSOURCE.NET. I ORDERED A SLIP COVERED SOFA AND I LOVE IT ..!! BUT.....I DIDNT RECIEVE THE CORRECT PILLOWS. I CONTACTED THEM IMMEDIATELY AT WHICH TIME THEY TOLD ME THAT I WOULD BE RECIEVING THEM THE WEEK AFTER JULY 4TH. WELL, A MONTH AND A HALF LATER I STILL HAD NOT RECIEVED THEM. SO I SENT MY FIRST EMAIL. AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECIEVED. ( I CUT AND PASTED THIS FROM THE ORIGINAL EMAIL.) "Crista these companies carry this product. http://www.nantuckit.com/slipcovered.html http://www.cottagehomemaine.com/slipcovered.html?gclid=CJjIttyOiZUCFReSQAodpQXtqA " THAT WAS IT...NOTHING MORE....SO, OF COURSE I SENT ANOTHER ONE. AT WHICH TIME I RECIEVED THIS RESPONSE: "I am afraid we will not have the pillow, but maybe the others can help." AGAIN, THAT WAS THE COMPLETE EMAIL. WHY WOULD I CONTACT ANOTHER COMPANY WHEN I PAID FOR MY ITEM FROM THEM..???!! BY THIS TIME I AM VERY ANGRY. SO I HAVE SENT 2 MORE EMAILS. THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD "CLOSED THE DOORS." HOWEVER, I HAVE SEARCHED ONLINE AND HAVE REALIZED THAT THEY ARE NOW OPERATIONG WITH THE WEBSITE: WWW.COMFORTSOURCE.NET INSTEAD OF .COM . HOW CAN THEY LEGALLY DO THIS? IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO? I TOLD THEM THAT I WOULD BE TAKING LEGAL ACTION IF THEY CONTINUED TO IGNORE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE THAT I RECIEVE THE CORRECT ORDER. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL EMAIL STATING THE FABRICS I ORDERED. (WHICH I DID NOT RECIEVE.) I AM GOING TO CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU TODAY. CAN WE FILE AGINST THEM EVEN IF THEY ARE OPERATING UNDER ANOTHER NAME? I EVEN LOOKED THORUGH THE WEBSITE AND ADDED ITEMS TO MY "CART" TO SEE IF THEY ARE TAKING ORDERS....AND THEY ARE. HOWEVER,THEY DO NOT CARRY SLIPCOVERED FURNITURE ANY LONGER IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT....CONTACT ME. BUYER BEWARE..!!!
    ...See More

Has anyone used ProMar 200 by Sherwin Williams?

Q

Comments (41)
    I just had a bathroom and bedroom remodeled in my house. My contractors told me to go to Sherwin Williams to pick out a color, so I went to the local SW showroom and picked a color called High Reflective White and told them I wanted it in semigloss for the walls. They tried to talk me into flat or eggshell, but I insisted on semigloss because I like the way it looks and everything else in my house is painted in semigloss and I've NEVER had a problem with semigloss paint. The owner/foreman of the contractor company said to me "you shouldn't use semigloss, it's going to peel right off the walls" - I thought he was joking. The day that the contractor's workers did painting, they brought in a 5 Gallon bucket of Promar200 paint - I wasn't expecting Promar, I was expecting one of the other Sherwin Williams brands. So, anyway, the workers started slapping paint on the brand new drywall WITHOUT putting primer on first. They did 2 coats of paint in the bathroom and bedroom on a Friday. I could still see purple wallboard through the paint so I did a third coat in the bathroom over the weekend. I have done a LOT of painting in my 51 years and I've never seen paint go on so poorly. It took forever to dry and it was very thin going on the walls. Since there was more construction to be done, the paint got nicked up in several places and I was absolutely shocked that the nicked paint literally led to THE PAINT PEELING RIGHT OFF THE WALL! I was in utter disbelief. If I tried to fix the edges of the nicks and scrapes, the paint literally started to peel right off the wall in sheets. Mind you, the bathroom was not yet in use at all! In fact, due to poor workmanship throughout the project that I complained about, the contractors that I hired literally ghosted me and walked off the job and I've since had to hire other competent contractors to come in and fix the problems...I haven't had a working bathroom for 12 weeks now, but that's another story...back to the peeling paint... The second contractors that I had to hire had to replace the new window that was installed in the bathroom by the first contractors because it was the wrong type of window (new construction with nail fin, and should have been replacement) and it was installed incorrectly on top of that. Because the new contractors had to cut away drywall around the window to replace it, the paint literally peeled off the wall as the drywall was being removed. I'm now in the process of peeling ALL of the paint off the walls so that I can add a primer coat and use something other than Promar200 which has to be the cheapest and worst paint on the face of the earth. So far, I peeled this much off in about 10 minutes. The smattering of paint that's in the lower left corner of the peeled area is where I tried to use a heat gun to scrape away the paint...that part is now stuck to the wallboard just slightly better than the rest of the paint, but as you can see, it's literally peeling off in sheets.
    ...See More

Lee Industries vs. Mitchell Gold furniture

Q

Comments (11)
    All of my upholstered pieces are made by Lee. I can't say enough great things about them...wonderful company. I have had my furniture for almost 7 years and it is in great shape. They are in our living room, and get used all day every day (old house, no family room). My sofa is slipcovered and after having it, I will never buy a sofa or chair without them. It is due for a new cover, though as I'm ready for a change. I'm posting a link to my LR below. The chairs didn't come with slipcovers, so I had some custom made. BTW...I had so much faith in LEE and the retailer, I bought my chairs without even seeing or sitting in them. Just saw the picture in the book. I get tons of compliments on how comfortable they are. If you flip through some of the pictures, you will see them. Hope this helps! Here is a link that might be useful: My LR
    ...See More

Anyone ever order from Alibaba?

Q

Comments (20)
    It's China's version of Amazon. At least Amazon makes an effort to guard your info, I can't say the same for Alibaba. If you have problems with your items expect no customer service. And, like Amazon, they have a major counterfeiting problem. Finally, if you scroll down the page you will notice a link for "Get paid for your feedback". reviews counterfeiting
    ...See More
  • alysonry87
    last year

I don’t know how they stay in business. Roger in Phoenix is 100% right. My experience with Room & Board, on the other hand, has been amazing. It’s the only place I’ll buy furniture anymore.

• lmarkow44
    last year

I recommend filing a BBB complainst against MG+BH. The complaint will lower their rating. That does get their attention.

• Suzanne Abrams
    last year

I agree - great experience with room and board i did buy a bed and then bedroom furniture from mitchell gold store in Dc and staff was great. That is why I was so stunned by this diaster

• HU-728300196
    last year

I have spent hundreds of wasted hours emailing, speaking with reps, and they still have not replaced my defective furniture. They need FOUR people to deliver their stock Parsons Table and Base. On two occasions, they only scheduled two, and delivery people could not deliver replacement furniture. I drove from the East Coast to Florida to be here for two botched deliveries. I have spoken to over twelve people who never all me back. If I wanted to deal with an internet furniture company who is unreliable and impersonal, I would have called one. I spent thousands of dollars to be treated like I am invisible.

I still do not have a replacement for my Parsons Table or Base, or my chairs. This HAS been six months. I spend endless hours calling MGBW, speaking to different representatives who are supposed to "escalate". leaving messages with my sales associates, begging them to CALL me to resolve issues, and to be treated like a person and not a bot on a computer.. I am relegated to calling them every day and speaking to someone new. When they do no make resolution, I merely add their name to my next email request, hoping that someone will take responsibility, call me, and resolve their mistakes with delivery and furniture assembly.

I keep getting delivery notices for the wrong items. I ask for replacement items, I ask for a refund, I ask for a call back ,and I am ignored.

I am virtually stunned by their business practices. They were only too happy to take 100% of my money when I ordered the furniture. However, replacing defective items, scheduling successful delivery of items, calling me back, and issuing appropriate refunds is another matter entirely.

• alysonry87
    last year

I finally got their attention by emailing the CEO. I googled her name and then used the same email format as the store associates. I never heard back from the CEO but a customer service rep called me. I would also suggest reaching out to consumer advocate Christopher Elliott. He had a column in a lot of newspapers and also a website where he and his team help consumers (mostly travel but products as well). You are likely to get resolution from MGBW if Mr Elliott takes your case.

• Suzanne Abrams
    last year

i have been wondering if they are going out of business or file for bankruptcy they don’t respond to texts, chats or calls-calls get answered but there is no follow through Your charge card company does offer support And everyday they are sending out emails with more”savings” Buyer beware!!

• HU-314220970
    last year

Wow I’m deciding if I should purchase a sectional from MGBW and wondered if they honored their extra cost warranty. I read some of the reviews and saw some pictures of the furniture. Sounds very disappointing. Any positive experiences?

• Cagla Pekel Kanier
    last year

I like my sofas so far- posted photos a while back.

• Cagla Pekel Kanier
    last year

I toss and turn them every week maybe that helped not sure.

• S Gordon
    last year

Hi, I am having a horrible time with MGBW, drafted the review below, and searching for where to post found this thread. Seems like I am not alone. I'm so frustrated with this horrible company!

TLDR: Long delays, irreparably damaged sectional, two failed attempts at repair, nonexistent customer service, misrepresentations and evasion, frustration and aggravation. Avoid at all costs!

My husband and I purchased a Clifton sectional sofa on May 4, 2022 from Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (MGBW), along with a Brooklyn rug. We patiently waited through the 16-week lead time for the sectional – and then learned that it would still be late. Five weeks past the original delivery date, the sectional arrived in completely intact boxes with umarred cardboard covering. However, after the delivery crew carefully unpacked and placed the sectional in our living room, we discovered that the fabric on arm on one side of the sectional had pulled away from the frame and the frame was badly bent, leaving a crooked, bent, pulled-apart seam and corner. Apparently, the sectional left MGBW already damaged. We were told that this would be a straightforward repair, so we accepted delivery and began the process of arranging a repair.

While waiting for the repair (the first of two attempts – more details below), we discovered many other defects in the sectional. Among them, a huge lump in the most obvious and prominent corner of the sectional; countless other lumps and bumps throughout; misaligned, crooked and overall sloppy stitching (especially on the most noticeable corner areas of armrests), and with areas of puckering, lumps and bumps all over the two sectional pieces. The faces of the seat cushions are wrinkled and puckered, they do not lie properly on the frame, and the cushions along the back of the sectional do not fit properly. The seat bench cushions are unevenly filled, so that one side is underfilled and the other overfilled, with the entire cushion lying unevenly on the frame, hitching up noticeably on one side with large gaps.

The most egregious issue is the damage to the corner, which when added to the other flaws makes the entire sectional look like an amateurish, inexpensive attempt at a sofa – in stark contrast to the very high price that we paid for it.

MGBW sent one repair person about 10 days after delivery who evaluated the damage and confirmed that it was extensive. He noted other areas of the sectional with uneven stuffing and misaligned stitching, as well as other signs of poor workmanship. He attempted to repair the arm damage but discovered that the metal piece under the fabric was so bent that further repair attempts without proper tools and parts would not be possible and risked irreparable damage the fabric. He explained that to remedy the other flaws that possibly could be repaired (and not all of them could be), he would have to remove the entire fabric backing from one half of the sectional to be able to remove what he described as extra, extraneous stuffing that was causing the largest lump. More importantly, he would remove the entire damaged piece of metal and replace it, and then finish the repair. As anticipated, he could do nothing about the uneven, sloppy stitching.

We expected him to return for the next attempted repair. Instead, another technician was sent. This person had no idea anyone had been sent previously or had tried to repair the sectional. He proceeded to do what the first repair person would not do without other tools -- he hammered the corner and steamed it. Both of those actions would, in the opinion of the first repair person, possibly damage the corner further. Neither attempt at repair resolved the issue. The corner is still crooked, bumpy, obviously damaged, and now the fabric at the corner looks altered.

MGBW raised the possibility of replacing one half of the sectional – with a long wait time – but informed us that the dye lot would not necessarily match. They said it would be our responsibility to select among various dye lots to find the one that matched ours closely. This, of course, was an unacceptable solution.

After these two failed repair attempts, and with the knowledge that future repairs ran the risk of continued failure or further damage to the sectional, we requested a refund. Thus far, MGBW has refused, citing their so-called “Made to Order” return policy, a deceptive practice that they are trying to hide behind instead of acknowledging their failure to provide an acceptable and properly-made item.

As for the rug that we ordered, which was supposedly in stock when we ordered it in May, we were told that it had been “shipped” or “about to ship” for six months. For example, on September 27, we received an email from Brandon from the MGBW “CSI team” informing us that the “rug has been released, meaning it is waiting for the next truckload to go to your local warehouse” and that we should “expect a call from the warehouse to schedule delivery within the next 10-14 days.” We never received that call. Finally, after more than five months of waiting, we gave up and cancelled that part of our order. This is just one emblematic example of the false responsiveness, delay, and nonexistent customer service that characterizes our experience with MGBW. The same was true with our interactions about the sectional -- delays, passing us between various representatives with no continuity (those representatives were at times “out of the office” and unreachable), and outright misrepresentations.

We are utterly shocked at the lack of quality MGBW has shown, both with the sectional itself and its treatment of us as customers. They sold us a very expensive, apparently irreparably damaged section, and now expect us to either spend more take the chance on further damage with further repairs after the first two attempts proved that this isn’t reparable; roll the dice with a half replacement and hope that the dyes match; or simply live with the shoddy sectional that they sent. None of these are acceptable options, and we would be fools to think that MGBW could – or would – actually make things right with anything but a full refund. As for their “Made to Order” policy, “made to order” doesn’t mean “take what you get.” In this case, with lack of quality control evident throughout the sectional, MGBW should be ashamed of what they shipped to us – and any halfway decent company would fulfill a refund request.

Absent a refund, we will now devote more time and effort to working with state regulators, industry watchdogs, our credit card company, and legal channels – all because MGBW won’t own up to its failure to provide what we paid for. While we hadn’t seen many poor reviews for MGBW before ordering our sectional, a long time has passed since then. Now, a cursory search right reveals overwhelmingly poor reviews that echo our experience: poor workmanship, damaged merchandise, delay tactics, nonexistent customer service, empty assurances and lack of satisfactory resolution. Truly ridiculous and shameful behavior by a company that apparently does NOT stand behind its products and couldn’t care less about its customers.

• HU-314220970
    last year

OMG, so sorry you have had this experience! How frustrating! To spend so much money, wait so long and not get the service and quality you would expect is unfortunate. I’m very apprehensive about purchasing from them. Did you purchase the extra warranty for spills etc.?

• HU-314220970
    last year

Funny I asked that question. Just curious. That’s the least of your issues!

• lmarkow44
    last year

I recommend filing a BBB complaint. That was the only thing I did that got MGBH’s attention. I have received a partial refund, 85% for the poor quality couch that has been sent back. The 85% refund has taken over 100 emails and almost as many calls. But the BBB complaint is what initiated any contact with me. I have actually filed 2 BBB complaints and will continue to file until I get the full 100% and to lower their rating. I have learned —- don’t trust a company that doesn’t put a place for customer reviews on their webiste. Not wanting customer feedback is a sign.

• vdilsizian
    last year

I purchased a living room and bed/bench back in June. Not only am I still waiting, but I cannot get anyone to answer the customer service line. The sales person I worked with told me items were ready to ship over a month ago but still nothing. I have been extremely frustrated by their lack of communication and response from what they call “customer service”. Never again…. There are simply too many other furniture options out there. Wish I purchased somewhere else after reading the many poor reviews and comments posted at the BBB.

• gtcircus
    last year

They closed stores and went online. I’ve heard the B word used as in restructure or liqudation

• tlc240
    last year

Do not buy MGBW. I am having a nightmare now. I read this thread before purchasing the Haywood sectional in August 2022, brought it up to the Paramus store sales people and they assured me the complaints on this thread were anomalies. They said it was better to order through the store rather than an online MGBW sales person/designer. By doing this, they could act as my advocate in the rare case something happened.

Against better judgement, I ordered a Haywood sectional that cost over 11K and received the sofa (on time) by mid November. All three pieces arrived damaged and or dirty. The sectional looks like it has been dragged around and sitting in a warehouse. The chaise has a rip on one side, 2 punctures in the corners of the frame and is dirty by the foot rest. One of the corner punctures has rusted metal poking out. The armless chair has a small puncture on the corner of the frame. The loveseat arrived dirty along the frame and armrest. Also, all the cushions have some loose threads hanging off (minor defects in the scheme of things and if this were the only problem, I would never complain even though you expect better after paying so much). It really seems like there was no quality control and I am not sure how any of these pieces were allowed to leave the warehouse.

The delivery men saw the damage once they unwrapped the sofa, took pictures and called dispatch. Dispatch told me I would get a new sofa and that I could just use the current one as a loaner. I also called the Paramus store where I made the purchase before the delivery men left. The manager had me send her pictures and she put in a claim for me. She said someone from Corporate would call me in a few days when a new replacement order was submitted. After a few days and no contact from MGBW, I called and emailed the Paramus store manager and she said Corporate was taking 7 days to answer emails and since it was Thanksgiving week I should give it some time. By day 14 after delivery, and no update from MGBW after more calls and emails, I called my credit card company. The credit card said 14 days without contact was not acceptable and told me disputing would get their attention and resolve the matter and time was ticking. Rather than dispute, I called MGBW customer service myself for an update instead of going through the Paramus store, customer service was not able to do anything except say wait another 5 business days. I waited another 5 business days (and called again 3 times in between for updates), and still no word from MGBW. The manager at the Paramus store also stopped responding to my emails. I told customer service and the Paramus store that my next step was to dispute the charge. On day 20, I gave up after one last call to customer service. The last representative told me Corporate usually responds in 3-5 business days and that I should dispute the charge.. She also said she put my claim on high priority, which would get Corporate's attention for same day resolution. The day passed and no one reached out. I disputed the charge with my credit card.

Furthermore, the Furniture Protection Program / insurance is probably a scam. I paid about 1K for it. The manager at the Paramus store said the FPP is refunded back to you as credit if you do not use it in 5 years. I asked if i could have my loveseat cleaned after it arrived dirty while I was waiting on replacement for the armless chair and chaise. The store has still not gotten back to me on who to contact for that after 21 days. It also seems unfair that I have to use the Furniture Protection Program to clean something they sent me dirty and forgo my credit. But it doesn't matter, because there is no one they actually send out for cleaning or repair. After reading the new posts, this feels like a scam for short term cash flow.

I am also concerned MGBW is going out of business. The lack of communication and quality control is unsettling. Today is day 21 since delivery and there still is no contact. When we purchased the sofa in August, there were no sales running. In the past 2 months, I received emails about sale after sale (30% off, free comfort club, buy more save more). Last weekend, I drove out to the Paramus location in the rain from NYC just to make sure the Paramus store did not have store closing signs. The store was empty, probably not a great sign but also shows they were not too busy to get back to my emails (as one customer service representative insinuated because it was cyber week sales.)

TLDR -- Buyer beware, lack of quality control, lack of customer service, FPP is a scam, and if you still want to risk it, buy with a CC that has excellent consumer protection. Since you pay 100% upfront for the item and have to wait 4+ months for it to ship, the dispute window (usually 3 months) will close before your item arrives.

• jrengland0310
    last year

Sorry to hear. Didn’t read through all the details but submit a complaint to BBB. I’ve had luck with that in cases unrelated to MGBW. And if you have the option - dispute the charge assuming you put on your credit card. I didn’t have that much of an issue. The sofa is just not comfortable at all - even with upgraded cushions. I’ll eventually probably replace cushions (again) from a foam supplier. But done with MG. So frustrating. Good luck!

• HU-314220970
    last year

Ugh so sorry to hear. How frustrating!!! Crazy, what a scam!! Thank you for sharing!!I was going to purchase the Haywood sectional. I’m staying away from that company. I hope they address your problems.

• HU-521310163
    last year

BUYER BEWARE AND DONOT SPEND YOUR MONEY AT THIS STORE!!

What a nightmare of an experience my daughter had with MGBW. She ordered a $2,500 coffee table in June which had a delivery date of September 1. They charged the full price in June. The delivery date kept getting pushed out, even though on their website the table was showing as in stock and available to delivery in “3-5 business days”. After a string of phone calls into the store and their WeCare number to inquire about what the hold up was, she learned that the table was apparently “lost”. She filed for a refund and still hasn’t received a refund or the table!! Now she keeps getting bounced around whenever she calls to inquire about a status update. The phone representatives just keep giving her a new arbitrary timeline of when the refund will be processed and keep kicking the can down the road with no actual reasoning for why the refund is not being issued!

The showroom is completely UNHELPFUL. They will sucker you in to placing an order and then completely wash their hands of you when there is an issue. How unprofessional and unexpected from a LUXURY furniture retailer.

All you have to do is check out the laundry list of complaints against MGBW on the Better Business Bureau to know what kind of operation they are running. Unfortunately my daughter didn’t do this due diligence. Save your hard earned money and absolutely avoid this place!!

• Jenny Phan
    last year

The worst company I ever dealt with. I bought a Mohair Throw online. I had to call 3-4 times to get it shipped. I wanted to return the item and you cannot return it to any store. Update - Customer service finally saw my post, refunded 100% of what I paid for the throw and let me keep the throw. Yay for customer service finally coming through!! They said they have been trying to improve their process.

• Jenny Phan
    last year

The worst company I ever dealt with. I bought a Mohair Throw online. I had to call 3-4 times to get it shipped. I wanted to return the item and you cannot return it to any store. They need to send you a FedEx label to return the item. 2 weeks later and 5 phone calls and no return label has been sent. I’m stuck with an item I do not want due to them not sending me the return label? Each time I call, they say they will take care of it. The fifth time I call, they tell me there is 25% restocking fee on returned items. No one told me this and I before I bought the throw I contacted customer service about returns and they never mentions the restocking fee. If you want customer service do not shop here. They are behind the times and do not know how to serve their customers. Arhaus, Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn are all great places to shop and they know how to treat customers. Update on this comment, someone from the company reached out to me and they refunded me the full price on the throw and let me keep it!! Finally my voice was heard and customer service took care of the issue!!

• Melissa Hendricks
    last year

Beware of Mitchell GHOST + Bob WAIT! We're nearing two months since our chairs supposedly "shipped" and have been attempting to receive specific delivery details from MG+BW. Emails sent to our sales rep and the store address went unanswered; messages left with two other sales reps at the store went unanswered; we contacted our sales rep via email to cancel - no response! We've called corporate customer service twice to cancel our order. Their response? "It's being discussed with the delivery team, we'll get back to you in X days." They have not gotten back to us. No specific answers for two months and it's unclear when, if ever, our chairs will be delivered! We're approaching 20 weeks since placing our order (est. 14-16 weeks) and we're not the only customers with this issue, see Better Business Bureau complaints and reviews online. Definitely a pattern of ghosting, quality issues, delays...

• Jenny Phan
    last year

unfortunatley its a problem with the process…employees document the call and someone is suppose to follow up and no one follows up….i will never shop there. I bought two throws and the amount of time i have spent trying ti get my items shipped and then returned, which i still cant return my item until they deliver a return label. Their processes are ancient and are not targeted towards the customer. i would not be surprised if the company ends up going under.

• HU-314220970
    last year

Thank you so much for sharing. I’m staying away from this company. I would be so frustrated and disappointed! Good luck. 🤞I hope things get resolved immediately! So sorry you are going through this. Really appreciate your feedback.

• PRO
    Kimber Feece, A Smith & Noble In-Home Designer
    last year

Love the qualty! Really beautiful as well.

• Melissa Hendricks
    last year

So cute you’ve had an authentic experience. Yay, Kimber! 💕

• ilovemyhouse9
    last year

yes! I purchased a MG/BW sofa sleeper when we lived in a tiny apartment in Laguna Beach. We slept on it as our main bed. It was and is very comfortable. We no longer live in LB, but still have the sofa (10+ years). It is used by overflow overnight guests now. It was a great investment!

• Vadim Yasinovsky
    last year

Here is my email to the owner and the CEO of the company.

I got no reply.

to: bob.williams@mgbwhome.com, Allison.O'Connor@mgbwhome.com

Dear Mr. Williams,

I hope this letter finds you well and sitting comfortably, unlike me and my guests, who were forced to sit on the floor during our Christmas party due to the delayed delivery of our new couches.

I am writing to bring to your attention a problem that I have encountered with my recent purchase from your store in Natick, MA. Over the past three years, I have spent over $30,000 in your store and have been a loyal customer. However, my recent experience has left me feeling like I should have just gone with the floor seating option from the start.

My wife and I purchased two couches from your store, and the salesperson, June Stefancyk, promised that they would be delivered on December 22, in time for our Christmas party. Unfortunately, this did not happen and we were not even notified about the delay. After repeatedly trying to reach June for an update, we were given a new delivery date of January, which has now been pushed back to February, and possibly even March.

To summarize, we were promised a delivery within four months, and it looks like it will take closer to seven months, a 60% error on the time estimate. Furthermore, our salesperson, June, was difficult to reach and did not provide updates on our order. Her customer service was lacking and she lied to me about having no updates. Please see emails below.

I run my own business I understand the importance of providing excellent service and timely deliveries, and I would never treat my customers the way June treated me.

I kindly request that you expedite the delivery of our couches, and address the issue of customer service with June. I hope to receive a prompt response.

Thank you for your time,

Vadim.

• vdilsizian
    last year

Ordered a kind bed in early July and STILL waiting. Now I’m being told it will ship in March. The date continues to change and it is beyond frustrating since you pay 100% up front. Do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else!

• Jenny Phan
    last year

My suggestion to any of all of you having issues is to go to their Facebook account and leave a comment on their facebook account so others can see. As soon as I posted they reached out, apologized and gave me my money back for the item I wanted to return and let me keep the item. Once you post on Social Media, they usually do something about it.

• Carole Lucks
    last year

I have never had such poor quality furniture, nor have I encountered worse customer service. They do not stand behind their products at all. I will never purchase a MG/BW item again and will spread the word whenever and wherever I can.

• vdilsizian
    last year

Vadim have you received any response from your email to the CEO? Thank you Jenny. I think Facebook may be the next step.

• HU-314220970
    last year

Carole, so sorry to hear! So many people have had negative experiences. Which location/state did you purchase from? Thank you for sharing!

• Carole Lucks
    last year

Ordered via telephone from their catalog

• alysonry87
    last year

My poor experience was at the Chicago store in Lincoln Park plus subsequent unsatisfactory interactions with customer service.

• HU-84978778
    12 months ago

Echoing the long string of complaints about MGBW. I ordered the Laguna media cabinet in February. I had trouble from the beginning receiving my order that was "in stock." Delivery then was scheduled incorrectly. When I finally had the piece delivered, it was of extremely poor quality craftmanship AND damaged. I waited more weeks for delivery number two which was cancelled the day of as the legs were broken upon initial inspection by delivery company. Zero follow-through with customer service. Nobody seems to know or care. I will be contacting my credit card for refund and the BBB. Kicking myself for ordering from MGBW. Save yourself the frustration and expense!

• Mona Nag
    11 months ago

I wish I had seen this post before I purchased a $10K couch from the company. Their customer service and NJ store manager are not responsive. I would never again purchase furniture from this company. Supposedly high end but obviously their practices do not match their prices.

• HU-84978778
    11 months ago

Good luck! I am awaiting my FOURTH media console, all three prior have been poor craftmanshipt and/or damaged! I’ve contacted the BBB and asked my credit card company for a full refund I’ve been dealing with this since February. Criminal

• Lorna raukar
    9 months ago

I also order from MGBW which was a Hugh mistake. I order 6 dining chairs and 4 counter stools the 1st week of January. I was renovating my house for my daughters wedding. Was told it would take 8 weeks. My daughters wedding was June 3. Still no chairs when I told them my circumstances they really didn’t care. The salesperson in Phoenix which was where the order was taken was condescending and rude. Customer care does not care. It is now July and still no chairs. I had a custom staircase designed and built. I had custom vanity from Vanguard built and delivered. Custom chair and sofa from Vanguard delivered in time for wedding. They made me pay up front 16,000. I will be calling BBB also.

• HU-314220970
    9 months ago

Thank you for sharing. So sorry! That’s horrible!

• la_la Girl
    8 months ago

^ just read abiut them closing so apruptly - wow! i have a tight back English style leather couch I bought from them 20+ years ago - still looks perfect. I didn’t realize they had 20 plus retail stores - that had to cost them a fortune with rent, labor etc

• HU-314220970
    8 months ago

Wow!!!! Are they closing just the NY store, or others as well?? Wonder if they are closing the Scottsdale Store?

• Lorna raukar
    8 months ago

It took me 8 months to receive my order only to find out that 1 of my counter stools was not mine it was a entirely different color and 2 of my dining chairs were sent back for defects . I am still waiting for them to replace. How do I get my money back. I am out thousands.

• vdilsizian
    7 months ago

They were the worst company I’d ever dealt with. Waited a year and then waited longer for replacements due to defective chairs and general sloppy work (feet different colors on couch). I am not at all surprised they’re filing for bankruptcy. They state it’s the economy but truth is, it’s poor customer service and crappy products (especially given the price). My heart goes out to those that still have outstanding items. What a horrible thing to do to customers!

• HU-84978778
    7 months ago

I can‘t help but say, serves them right, going out of business. Guaranteed this was not fail to recover from the pandemic as they’ve tried to say. I am so sorry for all the peiple who lost money dealing with MGBW. They were the worst business I have ever dealt with. I was fortunate to file a claim early on with my credit card company and was refunded my purchase price.

• sonyamariet
    3 months ago

Hello does anyone have any CAL117 Certification for the contract furniture line for Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams?