SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aptz

Help setting up irrigation system

8 years ago

My better half and I are having a discussion about how I should set up the irrigation system for our veggie garden and would deeply appreciate your comments. We're using raised bed boxes about 8" high with 4 rows of 3' wide, 8' long (except end boxes in each row are 4' long). The boxes are immediately next to each other in each row with no gaps and the wood panels are a little less than an inch wide. Thus the boxes are a little less than 2" apart. My wife thinks I need to run the main line to each individual box, 20 boxes in total, and run irrigation lines (using drip tape for irrigation) from there. Thus with 2 lines per box (each would be 8' long) that's 40 lines each being about I have to set up. My idea is to run the main line down the total width of the garden and run one continuous line down the length of the garden with 2 lines per 3' row or a total of 8 lines (each line being 36' long). I like to try and keep the boxes mostly full of soil mix with maybe an inch or so gap from the top. Would my idea of fewer, longers lines run over multiple boxes work? It seem a sight easier and less expensive.

Comment (1)