SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_kralovic

New Rose gardener in need of help!

Katie Kralovic
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello, I'm new to growing roses, I started last year with my Tiffany Tea rose bush which produced big beautiful lush flowers and aside from a few aphids that I easily took care of I had no problem. All leaves were bright green and beautiful!
This year, however, different story. The new leaves came in fine and new stems grew fine also, but about a month ago I started noticing some marks on the leaves. Gradually it got worse, big brown spots in the center of the leaves and ripple-like yellow marks on leaves. I thought maybe it was a virus/fungus/disease? But then I found tips missing or halfway munched off. I looked everywhere for any sort of bug but found nothing. I would really love to know what's going on so I can fix it before it gets worse and spreads...Is it more than one thing? Bug and virus?

Notice how the leaf I'm holding is slightly munched on and bent toward the leaf part.

I know this last picture is some kind of bug, but does it have anything to do with the strange color/design on the leaves?
Any help here would be fantastic!!

Edit: I use these two as needed, following instructions.

Comments (7)