SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

Another backsplash post--new tile samples

CJ Mac
8 years ago

I said I wasn't going to post again, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. But let me just say right off I don't like tumbled stone, subway tile, or no backsplash at all.

I got some InterCeramic Tile samples yesterday. I had had great hopes for their "Tender Tan" but was quite surprised to discover that it is nearly identical to Daltile's "Urban Putty." It's not bad, it's just that that's not my idea of "tan". Putty is definitely more accurate. In the photo below, Urban Putty is the first tile.

Backsplash ideas · More Info

I also ordered "Canvas" which is definitely more what I was looking for when I was looking for something darker than the typical "bone" or "off-white."

Their "Bone" and "Almond" had a little too much pink in them. The photo below shows Bone, Canvas, and Tender Tan--with a Daltile (I think) bone subway tile to show the difference between their bone and the IC bone.

But at a counter store yesterday, they showed me more Daltile samples and I ended up ordered sample of the "Uptown Taupe" as a possibly richer color than the "Urban Putty."

Tried a different setting on the tablet to get a brighter look. I think the coloring is more accurate below. (Yes, there are definitely "salmon" tones in my countertop. Don't tell me to change it--it's installed already.)

When I get a full-sized sample of the Uptown Taupe, I'll post a photo.

And just as a reminder--or for anyone new to my discussions--this is the look I'm going for. Will choose a grout as close as possible to the tile to keep it subtle.

Any thoughts?

Comments (17)