SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitedove5a

My new obsession: Clematis- help for beginner Zone 5

White Dove (5a)
8 years ago

Hi all,

Every since I moved to WA state, I have fallen in love with Clematis. I am from the South and love Honeysuckle and Jasmine, so it was easy to be enchanted by the blooms.

I have a very sunny garden. It gets irrigation and lots of hot sun in the summer. I also have a 5ft trellis naked and ready for a climber.

I REALLY want a bloom this first year- especially since there is the possibility we will move in the next two years. I love the Jackmanii variety (probably because they are especially common and deep purple that I can see from my kitchen window). My grandmother is going to buy me two- so one that blooms in the late summer and fall would be great- I love whites, pinks, and blues. It would be surrounded by bluish evergreens, purple coneflowers, lavender, russian sage, etc.

Can you help me find a place that I can purchase? It is unclear to me whether the ones listed on here will provide blooming the first year. I was hoping to plant it in the ground near the trellis. We are having a very early spring- upper 70s temps.

Thanks!

Comments (13)