SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcowen0

How Wound You Arrange Furniture In This Space?

Michael
8 years ago

Our new home a has a long somewhat narrow living room/dining room open layout. There are also two bay window areas. I'm trying to figure out how to best arrange furniture. I'd like to have two sitting areas and space for a dining table that can extend to seat 10-12 people.

This is my inspiration pic for the 2 sitting areas. I don't necessarily like the colors/style but do like the idea of having a sofa table between two sofas with two table lamps and a tall arrangement to separate the sitting areas.

Here's our floorplan:

Here's the furniture layout that I've been considering:

The top area by the formal entrance would have a new fireplace with built-in bookcases on the wall on the left. I'd like the sitting area by the fireplace to feel more "formal" and the other sitting area to feel more casual.

The way I have things now, the two sitting area won't have the symmetry of my inspiration pic. But I don't know if I can really have a symmetric arrangement because of the bay window and need for clearance around the dining table.

I'm not sure how to best utilize the large bay window area, right now I just have a sectional pushed into it.

I'd greatly appreciate any and all advice!

Thanks GW!

Comments (7)