SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladydub

Need layout advice (for small office) - IKEA

ladydub
8 years ago

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting this here. This does involve layout, walkways, IKEA cabinets, so I didn't see other forums where it would be more appropriate.

I'm currently putting together a new office. It's a small room and needs to accommodate 2 desks.The proposed plan is below. I'm concerned if there is enough room behind the desks and in walkways to be comfortable or if I need to get smaller desks. Open to other opinions on layout too.

I listed what I currently have and what I think I need to get. I would like to use what I have, but only if it works. I will be near an IKEA this week (a 4 hour drive) and would like to pick up some items I need to complete this space. I only get one shot unless I want to drive 8 hours round trip to make returns and repurchase. I'm definitely looking for product recommendations. Also, it does not *have* to be IKEA.

The current layout provides enough file storage. There will be a small printer on top of the lateral file and a larger network printer outside the office door.

I would like some wall cabinets (planning to install above the fridge/lateral file) and wondering if the BESTA line would be sufficient or if I should buy the kitchen line (or just something off the shelf from Lowes/HD. Something like the simple white shaker or raised panel would be fine. I was planning to put some open shelving on the wall above the desks.

The back wall (across from the door) is a wall to wall window that starts about 4' up from the floor. The rectangle in the back right corner is a column and next to the door is a floor to ceiling internal window.

Need to purchase:

• Hon 3 shelf metal bookcase in Putty (34-1/2" w x 12-5/8" d x 41"h) to handle heavier items
  • Base (legs/drawers) for desktops (Alex drawer unit and Sjunne legs?)
  • Open Shelving (Ekby Valter brackets?)
  • 3 Wall cabinets (Besta shelf cabinets or Sektion or off the shelf from box store?)
  • Extra chair (PS 2012)

Already Have:

• 2 birch IKEA desk tops: 63" x 29.5"
  • 2 Navy Hon desk chairs
  • Hon 2 drawer lateral file in Putty: (36"w x 28-3/8"h x 19-1/4"d)
  • Stainless Mini-fridge Danby (21-1/16" x 20-8/16" x 32-11/16")

Thanks for your assistance!

Comment (1)