SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_jenkins40

My prayer plant needs help

Paul Jenkins
8 years ago

I rescued a prayer plant from ASDA, as I felt sorry for it because they weren't looking after it at all.

I live in Britain, and have never had one before, so I am unsure of the conditions it requires. I know where it is native to, and have looked up basic care requirements online but the information is contradictory.

I had it about 1-2 feet away from a West facing window for a while, and have recently repotted it. However, I have now moved it a little further away and out of direct line of sunlight in the evenings (but still very bright when it isn't cloudy, which is rare).

It is still growing new leaves, and seems reasonably healthy. However, some things I have noticed are the leaves do not seem to be folding up at nighttime, not anymore, the patterns of the leaves seem a little paler than they did when I got it, and a couple of the leaves are drooping (one was yellow when I bought it).

What could be wrong with it? It is next to a light on my bedside table, could that cause the leaves to not fold up? Or is it the amount of moisture and not the amount of light?

Thanks

Comment (1)