SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fabulatrice

Kohler Prolific sink vs. having space for trash pullout

fabulatrice
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We were originally going to have a 24" sink cabinet with an ordinary single sink, and 15" trash pullout next to the sink. Now we are looking at the Kohler Prolific sink (especially the kids are intrigued by the cool gadget factor and it makes them feel more excited about cooking and washing things :-) However the Prolific requires a 36" cabinet. In that case we would have to eliminate the trash pullout cabinet, and put the trash pullout under the sink. (The kitchen is small and there just isn't any other place to put a 15" cabinet for trash without eliminating badly needed drawers.)

I'm looking at this thread with examples of creating 2 pullouts under an ikea sink cabinet so you can pull out one side and still have half of the standing space in front of the sink http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2700259/under-sink-trash-pullout I am not sure whether we could get this to work since the Prolific has a centrally located drain and it seems like it would be hard to fit in the pullouts with the disposal and other plumbing. I guess the next best thing would be to have regular cabinet doors and then a pullout thing inside the cabinet for trash/compost. Not sure how well that would work for us either.

I was really looking forward to having the trash pullout in its own cabinet. I haven't had one of those before, but it seems really useful. But we also like the idea of having a bigger and more functional sink that can support multiple activities at once. We haven't had that before, either. Would love to hear others' thoughts.

Comments (9)