SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nsandridge

Lighting open concept eat in kitchen

Nicole S
8 years ago

I've posted before on the kitchen forum and got a lot of help. Now I need some lighting advice.

Ive bought a new construction house in a neighborhood and I need to make all of my design decisions by 4/26. I'm super obsessed with cool lighting. Ive pinned about a thousand kitchen island pendants for starters. But my lighting dilemma question is in regards to our eat in kitchen. We have a huge open concept kitchen-eat-in kitchen-living room. All one long room. When standing at the kitchen sink you look directly through the eat in kitchen to the living room to the fireplace with tv over it. I want to be able to watch the tv while I'm in the kitchen, specifically washing dishes. I'm worried that the light I choose for the eat in kitchen will hang down too low and block my view. We have 9 foot ceilings. I'm wondering if 1) there is a lighting option that won't hang down too low or 2) if I should place 2 pendants over the kitchen table. My worries with having 2 pendants over the table is that it will mirror the 2 pendants over the island and look strange. I'm attaching some pictures of the layout and the model home to help. Thanks in advance!

Comment