SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin_sosnoski

Help Me Decide Where to Plant 5 Dwarf Apple Trees

Hello All,

I moved to this property last fall and I've always wanted apple trees so I've ordered 5 dwarf trees and they are going to be delivered on Saturday. Can you help me decide where to put them? According to the website I bought them from (Starks) they need to be spaced 10' apart and they like full sun. The problem I am having is figuring out which parts of my yard will receive full sun once all the trees on my lot leaf out. I've picked out some possible locations.

Here is a spot I was thinking might work, this is looking east from the NW corner of my lot. On the right is a veggie garden (the wooden posts on the ground show where my husband wants to extend that to). On the left I am told are some blackberry brambles. Do you think 5 dwarf apple trees might work here? If so, in a row, 2 rows?

Garden - Fruit Tree Planting #1 · More Info

The main problem I see is the trees on the northwest side of the lot, they're pretty tall. Any chance they would give off too much shade in the summer?

Here's another view from the house. The area I'm thinking about planting the trees is in between the shed/veggie garden and the brambles. What do you think?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting