SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

March showers brings April photos ... :-)

roselee z8b S.W. Texas
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My yard had more showers than winds this March. And guess what -- surprise! -- the flowers bring out the camera.

I'm still surprised at the amount of bloom one little cactus can produce. It has had six four-inch wide flowers so far and has one more bud to bloom ...

The little green bee was working the center while I was taking photos and then flew off with a load of pollen ...

In the back yard purple Verbena rigida, or 'sandpaper verbena', is blooming among white wine cups like crazy as it does all summer long, but is becoming somewhat of a thug by sending out runners in all directions, even into the grass. I think it needs a space to call its own, because that's all that's going to be there if left where it is. Long lasting dyckia flowers are in the foreground. ...

More dyckia flowers. It's usually an annual, but this year the New Zealand purple castor bean came back from the roots after our mild winter. That's it on the right ...

Yes, I still grow a few softer, gentler plants such as roses. Blue Girl Karen generously answered my yearning for Rosa Jude the Obscure after I had given mine away because of chilli thrips. It's first bloom is huge and oh so fragrant as well as having that beautiful cupped style many English Roses are known for ...

Columbines always seem to be dancing! Such happy flowers ...

So what in the garden is making your heart sing these days?

Comments (6)