SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nebster

How do you like this layout?

nebster
8 years ago

Be critical! My skin is thick. :-)

I started out with a custom cabinet plan, but then I found IKEA and decided I could save some dough and maybe even get a better result. This design has a 9 and 12 foot run along two walls plus a 10.5'x4' island.

The island has seating for two on the end that is closer to the dining area (to the right in the top view).

We measured and concluded we could get away with no wall cabinets on the 12-foot run, which we thought would really help open up the space. (Despite the doors showing "sky" in the rendering, there are no windows in the kitchen.) Then I saw a design with short wall cabinets that opened vertically, but raised an extra five or so inches above the counter.

This made the counter feel really accessible, and kind of split the difference for us. So that's what I've drawn in.

The island includes a Stages sink. Viewed from the sink side, it has cabinets L-to-R as follows: 36 drawer, 15 trash pullout, 36 sink pullout, 24 dishwasher, 15 nugget ice maker. Yay nugget ice!

View from the other side, we have 36 drawer, 36 drawer, cutout.

I was able to squeeze in a small 12" cabinet on the dining end of the island as well. Not sure if we should bother with that, but it seemed dumb to waste storage?

On the 9-foot wall, we have two pantries, a built-in 36" fridge, and a speed oven/full oven stack.

I certainly welcome your feedback. Thank you!

Comments (19)