SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
simpleallu

Review Plan (newbie)

simpleallu
14 years ago

Hello,

I just discovered this forum and I feel so bad for not having found this earlier. It is such a great resource for people who are planning on building. We are planning to build in a couple of months and have the plans almost finalised. I was hoping you could give me some feedback into what you think about it. But first here is some background about us.

We live in Wisconsin. I really love the "farmhouse"/"cottage" style 2 story homes. However the lot we are choosing is a suburban lot (which has some good views in the rear). We have a very casual lifestyle, so we did not want a formal LR and we did'nt want both a dinnette AND a formal DR. Our parents frequently visit us and stay for a while, so we want for them to have a bedroom/bath downstairs. My husband wants the MB downstairs. We have a 1 year old and will be having another kid in the future. We would like to live in this house for atleast 10yrs.

Plan Notes-

3160 sq ft, 4 bedroom + Office/bedroom

A few changes that are not seen in the mainfloor plan -

1) I have asked for the door to the office/bedroom from the foyer be removed and have the coat closet be moved here. The coat closet will take the space from the office so the foyer will not be smaller.

2) I did'nt like the entrance from the other door to the office/bedroom. It was long and narrow. So I asked for there to be double doors into the office from the hallway.

3) The opening from the Kitchen to the DR got increased from 3ft CO to 6ft CO so it feels more open. The pantry and the desk got a little smaller.

To accomodate #1 and #2, the office was cantalevered into the garage to get some space without making the office any smaller. These changes were hand drawn, so I am linking them seperately.

MainLevel

UpperLevel

Changes-HandDrawn

My questions -

1) How do you like the layout?

2) Is the foyer too "showy"? I mean I do like the two story entryway (that is the only two story portion in the house) but does that say "farmhouse" to you?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH