SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knoxrosetn

I'd love your input. Of these- which need support & which don't?

KnoxRose z7
8 years ago

Hello all!

I have a large project ahead of me. I want to create a "living fence" around my back yard, not to really act as an impenetrable barrier, but just to frame the yard and provide some feel of separation & privacy. Part of my backyard has a chain link fence already, which I plan on using to help support those shrubs that need something to lean on, and part of it has no fence, and is up against a parking lot, so I don't want anything getting to "loose" in that area..

I am trying to decide, of the roses I have already & that are on order for this spring from Roses Unlimited, Rose Petals, and Chamblees, which ones would fare better leaning against the chain link, and which would be more shrubby and upright on their own, or with minimal help from a few medium sized tripods I have.

The roses in question are:

Bouquet Parfait

Lupe's Buttons

Prosperity

Blush Noisette

Abraham Darby

Dark Desire

Plum Perfect

Cream Veranda

Polar Express

Lyda

Young Lycidas

Kosmos Fairy Tale

Crown Princess Margaretta

Madame Anisette

Mme Issac Periere

Lone star

Jubilee Celebration

Jude the Obscure

Pat Austin

The Prince

I know there are some that I am forgetting, if so I'll post them later.

I am thinking that all the Kordes roses will be ok to stand on their own, but I just want to make sure. I am really most concerned with the Hybrid Musks, because I don't know that family very well, and the Austins, because they can be somewhat unpredictable.

I'm thinking that Mme Issac P. will benefit from being trained on the fence, but that's all I'm really sure of. I am hoping that at least some of the Hybrid Musks will be able to fare without it, because I have more non fenced area than I do fenced area & want to mix up my color scheme (since those are all mostly white)

Thank you!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths