SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
h_loyali

Drain hose separated in washing machine and water flooding

Alex A
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello every one

I have a portable top loader washing machine 1.5 Cu. Ft. (Haier HLP23E),7 months ago ,connection hose between drain pump and drain hose separated and all water in tube came out and flooded my bathroom, it was terrible. I connected it again with spring hose clamp and a little adhesive and it was fine for six or seven month but again yesterday it separated from drain hose and hopefully this time water level was very low and I had a drain pan under washing machine so damage was nothing. Current problem is with connection hose when the machine was draining, water began to spew out of the under of the washing machine, connection drain hose that the machine's drain hose is hooked into. . It doesn’t get secure and will separated again and again if I don’t fix it essential Now I purchase a new drain hose and drain hose connection to replace those parts. Is there any Adhesive to use?

What Can I do to secure drain hose to avoid happening again since I’m in 3rd floor and high level of water will ruin all units?

2. Is connecting drain hose to pump with hose clamp enough?

3. What Can I install between connection to stop coming out water rapidly? (Because when it disconnected and separated all 1.5 cu.ft. water comes out and all carpet gets dirty, I cannot stop it with turning off water since water is in tube)

I would appreciate your help.

First image is old and is before disconnection:

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations