SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrs336

Backsplash Advice Needed Please

mrs336
8 years ago

mrs336's Ideas · More Info
I recently had granite countertops installed (Venetian Gold) and am having difficulty making a decision on a backsplash. I had originally chosen a neutral glass mosaic but once the granite was installed and I held it up to the wall, it was too busy with the pattern in the granite. I really like the clean look of subway tile but have found that plain white is too much of a contrast to the colors in the granite. The entire purpose of this reno. is to lighten/brighten my kitchen as we live in the woods and don't get much natural light. The kitchen opens up to the family room and the walls are currently a burnt orange color which I plan to paint a more neutral tone. I think I've settled on a 3x6 glass tile (Storka Urban Hues in Latte) that goes well with the granite and my oak cabinets. My question is, should I just have the tiles installed in a regular pattern? Should I mix in some decorative accents/tiles or maybe do a herringbone design above the stove? Any direction at all would be greatly appreciated.
Stacey

Comments (11)