SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akl_vdb

Panicking about trim painting, what do I do?

akl_vdb
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We had an amazing finishing carpenter redo all our millwork, including doors, casings, baseboards, frames around windows. Looks amazing.

He recommended a painter. This painter did spray paint all the doors, casings etc before it was put on. Now he has 'his guys' patching and painting it all now that it's on.

I found out that 'his guys' he actually subcontracted out the job. I was inspecting some of the work and I'm not happy with some of it and now I'm panicking that it's too late and it's all ruined (the panic just runs away sometimes!)

My issues...around the doorways, they caulked the seams and painted. The caulk is not all smooth, and it doesn't look like 'one piece'. Our rounded corner pieces, the caulk is also not smooth and looks sloppy.

They are coming back Monday, and neither DH or I are going to be home. I don't know what to do. I know they aren't done, but I'm not liking some of what I'm seeing. I'm going to call the guy tomorrow. But right now it's 3:30 am and I'm panicking because I don't want my beautiful millwork ruined!

Also (and don't yell at me), I have no idea how much this is going to be. I asked yesterday. I know the main guy charges $40/hr, but he's not really here, it's 1-3 other people (a girl came to paint, she was amazing!)

Help?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals