SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Kids' Birthday Parties

sylviatexas1
8 years ago

The "shower" thread made me think of this, & I didn't want to hijack the shower thread, so...

Kids' birthday parties sometimes seem to be just too much.

too much sugar, too much excitement, too much of a stress on guests who didn't know how much to spend (is this present good enough, even though I can't afford more? Is this present too much, will people think I'm trying too hard?), too much "stuff".

& when it's all over, the birthday child plays with the boxes!

My very thoughtful cousin had a birthday party for her 4-year-old & stipulated that it was a celebration, not a gift-giving what-not;

the little guy had a whole bunch of toys already, wouldn't get his or the giver's "money's worth" out of more, so...

This mom had food & games & whistles & crowns & cake.

*and*...

the fire department came & took the kids on firetruck rides, & if you were a guest & you felt like you just had to spend some money to...pay for your cake? show that you "gave" something to the celebrant?...you could put a donation in a fireman's hat that they had sitting on a table.

The donations would be used for incidentals that firefighters sometimes need when they haul people out of burning houses...baby blankets, teddy bears, etc.

I thought it was brilliant.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022