SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smallhomemd10

Knobs/Hardware and Backsplash in New Kitchen

smallhomemd10
8 years ago

Hello:

We are moving into a townhouse and renovating the kitchen and first floor. Kitchen will be open to a large dining/living area and there will be a large peninsula between the kitchen and dining/living area.

We are far down the line on the design and have picked cabinets, counter tops, layout, etc. We are doing white shaker style wood cabinets and cashmere carerra quartz countertops (basically a marble pattern) from MSI. We have decided on a light grey paint (probably smoke embers from benjamin moore) in the living area and white trim (crown molding, wainscotting, doors, etc). Floors are hardwood - kind of a walnuty color. There will be recessed lighting in the kitchen and living area, a chandelier type thing over the dining table and two large RH style pendant lights over the peninsula. We will have stainless steel appliances (samsung Induction duo flex oven/stove, 36 inch french door counter depth fridge, bosch range hood, bosch dishwasher). Sink will be stainless steel farmhouse sink.

I don't have any pictures to post because things have not started at all yet unfortunately.
With the above detail, hoping to get some suggestions on knobs/hardware and backsplash.

My wife wants to do oil rubbed bronze hardware, pendants, sink faucet. I am leaning towards brushed nickel as I think it goes better with the white.

We are really stuck on the backsplash. We want a subway tile - but that is all we have right now. We were thinking of adding a pop of color, but don't want it to be totally distracting/too much. I kind of like the idea of a crackle marbley type backsplash, but don't want it to look like the counter tops. Maybe some kind of blue grey crackle? Does something like that exist? Maybe a green?

We are pretty set on paint color, but also open to suggestion if anyone thinks a grey room, white trim is too boring with a basically all white kitchen.

Any suggestions on these questions?
Thanks very much in advance!

Comments (2)