SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
photo_synthesis

Easter Lily... Shortage?

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I would post this in the Lily forum, but I thought I'd post it here instead...

Usually, I see Easter lilies everywhere at all of the usual stores. There are so many that many are left over after the holiday is over. (Which is usually when I love buying them up, as they're marked down for clearance.) But this year, I've only seen barely a handful of them, no matter where I went shopping. My local Wal-Mart only had three, maybe four. When I went to Kroger, there was only one, and it looked really puny and weak. The local grocery store just across the highway from my neighborhood had three. Two of which I bought. That pretty much sums up every Easter lily that I've seen anywhere this year. Which I found to be quite odd and unusual. That's why, when I first spotted the handful of lilies at Wal-Mart, my thought was, "Oh, they'll be getting more in later..." But they never did. That's why I decided to post on here, seeing if this has occurred elsewhere. I've been keeping my eye out for them for quite a while now and haven't seen anywhere near what would typically be sold for this time of year.

I already own several from previous years, but they've only just begun poking their heads up from their pots, and aren't anywhere near close to blooming just yet. But it's been kind of somewhat of a little tradition of mine; to buy up many of the marked down, clearance Easter lilies. And this year, I won't be getting to do that. Though, I did buy two of them at regular price. And they weren't properly forced at the right time. All of their buds are still closed and not even close to opening up just yet. They're close, but they won't be opening up until a couple of days after the holiday weekend is over with.

Comments (5)