SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tom1328732

Spring grow light fever

tom1328732
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

With more sunlight pouring through my small plant room window, it seems like everything is putting out some fresh growth, despite my consistent grow light schedules! Here are some pictures of my trees:

Tarocco blood orange on unknown (Four Winds) rootstock that I brought back from California.

Xie Shan on Kuharske citrange from Harris. The new growth is growing from branches that are only two months old.

"The Beast", aka Valentine (pomelo hybrid) brought back from California. The new growth is just starting to harden off.

A self-grafted Tarocco blood orange on a Minneola tangelo rootstock that I started before I knew what I was doing.

My first citrus tree, a Washington navel on Flying Dragon. This tree ironically seems to be the most vigorous of my trees, despite the rootstock qualities. It may be due to the larger pot size.

This is a Moro blood orange on a mysterious FWG rootstock. It nearly died last winter (2014-2015), but has since recovered after I barerooted it again and put it back in its original (but washed) gritty mix.

Valencia orange which I brought back from my summer in California. Those Valencias make good fruit, no matter the tree age!

My very first self-grafted tree was a Moro blood orange on (I think) a Valencia seedling. Again, before I really had an idea of what I was doing.

I have other trees in my room, but it's kind of hard maneuver at this point!

-Tom

Comments (22)