SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacksonhouse6

Need help with floor plan in pole barn home

KJackson
8 years ago

We are in the process of getting preliminary bids for our house. Once we have the bid we will hire an architect. I love looking through all of these posts and have gotten a lot of great ideas, so thought I could post our floor plan and ask for suggestions. (Floor plan link at bottom)

Our building will be 45x50 with 20' walls. The attached garage is 45x30 with 10' walls (part of the kitchen and pantry jut out into this area. Our house will be on 20 acres, the front entry/garage doors will face east/southeast and overlook pasture and a pond. The rest of the views are pasture and timber.

We have 2 girls (1 away at college and a 13 yr old) and 2 boys (17 and 5). We plan to have family get togethers pretty often and the kids usually have a handful of kids with them.

In a few years we will only have one kiddo at home but our hope is that everyone visits often with their families so we want to have space for that.

My must haves are:

-kitchen sink on outer wall so it can have a window (no upper cabinets on the sink wall, just Windows)

-walk in pantry

-island with no appliances in it and space for seating

-I really like the laundry near the master bedroom

i would love to get better ideas for upstairs floor plan. We really don't need the bedrooms to be so big...would like to make bedrooms smaller, storage room bigger, and could even get by with only 1 full bath upstairs (would then make powder room on main floor a full bath). I couldn't get a few doors to show up for some reason (?!) and I didn't add Windows upstairs but plan to have them!

Any suggestions are appreciated! (I plan to post the kitchen in the kitchen forum when we have a finalized plan)

Thank You!

http://floorplanner.com/x3h5c6

Comments (6)