SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilit_zakaryan

Need help with new home floor plan

Lilit Zakaryan
4 years ago

Greetings all !!!

We are a family of 5 - me and my husband and our three kids (son of 7 years of age, twin girls who are about 4). We live in Armenia and have recently bought a 1000 square meter plot to build the house of our dreams. But we do need help and advice with our floor plan.

The style of the house should be a cross between modern and traditional, with a front porch and a back terrace, used for a summer kitchen and an outdoor rest area. We need 3 bedrooms in the house, one downstairs. Since my husband is in IT, he often works from home and does need a home office as a quiet place to work in. We dont want too many bathrooms, although is is acceptable to have a master bathroom and a few others in a big house, but furnishing them and keeping all of them clean does require a lot of work. So just enough bathrooms would be fine. What about one full bath on each floor and a half bath downstairs, with an entry from outside the house.

We also do a lot of cooking and we like to entertain. Building this home will also enable us to host our annual birthday parties and other events in our home. This means we will occasionally have around 40-50 people over at once, about half of them kids.

We need help with the flow of the rooms and natural light. It is very hot in the summer in Armenia, so we are not sure how the layout of the rooms should be to avoid this heat during the summer but not to lose sunlight during the rest of the year. On the photos I have indicated the orientation of the initial house plan.

The garage is going to be located on the right side of the house, if you are facing it, so behind the kitchen.

Thanks a bunch for your attention. We will thoroughly consider all your comments, criticism and advice. Photos of the two floors are attached.

Comments (2)