SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_27243269

Time out: I got a lob! (I think)

User
8 years ago

Taking time out from the political discussions to share this totally frivolous joy...

My hair is very fine but curly. The curl makes me look like I have much more hair than I do, but perimenopause is causing it to fall out. I avoided a haircut all winter because I felt like I needed to have whatever's there still there. But last week was the final straw--there comes a time when my hair goes from cute and curly, to long bad 80s rock band nuts.

Went to my hairdresser and asked her to clean it up and update it. Told her I trusted her (which I do) to make it current (not 80s rock band). Half hour later I had a very different hairstyle. Much shorter but not too short... kinda sassy but in a good way... I liked the way it framed my face and it looked more polished than I've been since November.

I was so pleased and thanked her. I dropped by a friend's house this evening and her teen daughter noticed my hair and said "hey that's a lob. It looks good. It makes you look younger." When I got home I googled "lob" and yes, that's what I have!

I don't look like I'm trying to pull off something I shouldn't but I do look like I have a current hairstyle that fits my hair type (big sigh of relief). So if you're ever hesitant about an update for your hair, makeup, clothes, whatever, do it! I'm in a rut in many areas and this has me convinced to dig myself out.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH