SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Hey Zuzu.... Is this Castilian?

bethnorcal9
8 years ago

Zuzu, after you mentioned on the QUEEN OF HEARTS thread how we have a lot of the same roses, I went and looked up your listing on HMF, and I noticed you have CASTILIAN. I got one from Hortico a few yrs ago. They listed it, and HMF as well, as an "orange and white" rose. My plant, as I recall, did not bloom at all the first yr, or maybe had like one bloom that wasn't characteristic of their photo or the supposed coloring. Subsequent yrs it has always bloomed a blue-red with a white reverse. I assumed it was not the correct rose. But in looking at your photos, and Ben Williams' photo, mine looks very much like them.

Last yr, it was just gorgeous. I initially thought it might be actually MIDNIGHT MAGIC aka LA PLATA SEQUICENTENNIAL, because it's kind of similar to it. However.... my MIDNIGHT MAGIC was also quite spectacular last yr after being dug out of the septic area and just being potted up. It is a waaaay more burgundy color. So, I know they are not the same rose. I am now convinced I have the same rose as you do. I guess their color class is just somehow wrong? Because Mr. Williams' photo is pretty much the same color, but the form looks way off!!

What do you think?? Does mine look like yours?

Comments (15)