SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlcat

New house, new garden 3, last for the day!

merlcat
8 years ago

Not familiar with this plant, either. see my earlier post New house, new garden 2, unknown plants.... for more background than I am sure will be needed.

This is in Philadelphia, pa, zone 7a Growing near the privet hedges by herb garden area. Not sure what this might be, but would love an id, plant, weed, what have you!

I'm curious like that, and like to know about every plant, and am always hesitant to call anything a weed. I've naturalized native plants that some may consider weedy, so one persons weed is another persons native garden, so to speak.

This is an unknown to me though. Reminds me of *possibly* the beginnings of queen ann's lace, but I don't grow that and not sure if my moms( that I have seen) is up yet. I remember hers being a brighter green leaf, though.

I don't know too much, however, and could be way, way off on that.

The green post in the background of the one photo is a metal stake, the kind that has a flat metal plate attached to the bottom to sink in the ground and give it stability, and little hooks every couple inches or so to attach wire fencing. Hope that gives some idea of scale.

Any ideas what this could be? its the silvery one in the center I'm curious about.

Thank you all, again! This forum is always so much fun to read, and such a help when I need it, and boy, do I need it this season! :-)

Comments (7)