SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paula_b_gardener5bon

One new house, a few new gardens, and many unknown plants!

Hi all,

I don't know the best way to post this but I thought that I would focus on a couple of plants at a time in one post? There are several that I think that I know but a dozen or so second opinions are a good thing :)

A bit of history: zone 5a, there are established flower bed on a 2 acre property, the previous owner passed away unexpectedly in January 2014 and there was no family. The property was unoccupied until December 2014 so there was an entire summer without anything but the basic care - grass cutting and hack job (ahem, I mean pruning) by a property management company.

The spring has arrived, I have almost 200 Hostas to move, along with several perennials from my previous home but I can't keep up with what is here. That is besides the point. I need id's so I can determine what stays, what goes and where to plant my existing plants that I need to move here.

Any help would be appreciated and also, is there a better way to post a large quantity of photos? Since the switch, I am a bit lost.

The first one plant is everywhere. I dug it out of one bed already and it had spread very aggressively. It started low and within the last four days (70+ weather) it has bolted.

Comments (43)